But it’s a warm -3. No humidity

turkeyfeathers

I got 8, feels like -7. But nyc will feel much worse. That wind just rips around buildings and through the streets. It wouldn’t be bad if I had my hunting clothes on, but I’m in dress pants and dress shoes.

acacec1a431edbeb7a549565282320d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-9 at the homestead this morning. With a stiff breeze, feels much colder. Kinda happy we aren't doing, First Night, in Saratoga this year.  And reconsidering ice fishing this weekend up on Onderdonk Lake, and a night coyote hunt too. Never would have thought about not going, twenty years ago! Guess I'm getting soft!

• Like 1

Dropped off car to get reoccurring blown low beam problem hopefully fixed. 5 since July and both alternating. They keep fixing for free but pita to have to leave car. Nice mile and change walk home. Sorta fun being garbage day seeing all the boxes of what people got curbside. Note : lots of pizza consumed over last week by amount of pizza boxes. 85c837adf865275c9cc8094b704beb5d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Everytime I think it's cold, I think back to when I hunted Bobcats in Minnesota. It was -20 or colder each day and that was not counting the wind chill. I spent 8+ hours per day chasing bobcats and everytime I pissed i thought it was going to freeze mid- stream. I flew into Bemidji so I just checked their weather and they have -14 as the high on Saturday and -28 as the low. Again, not counting wind chill.

But my Dad has me beat. When he hunted wolves in Northwest Ontario, it was -40 one day (not a typo). He flew into Kapuaskasing.

13 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

I'm leaving 39 degree Greenville SC been here a week headed to buffalo airport car has been there a week bet it will be fun to uncov3r and driveway is probably trashed at home too. Gonna be a l9ngggggg night

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

And here I was thinking that Stone was getting out there with his trusty dog team to run some steel and catch some fur!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

it's all relative I guess.  here it was -8 with the sun shining at 7:30am when I was leaving for work. doesn't matter it's all cold.  I'm sure there's some poor shmuck north of me anywhere around Saranac Lake or Lake Placid that's got it worse. Around here Grafton gets pretty cold though.  now through weekend it's floating between -10 and -16 at night.  feels like temperature is [burning money and it sucks]. lol

And here I was thinking that Stone was getting out there with his trusty dog team to run some steel and catch some fur!
Lmao line goes in 7am tomorrow am....landowners been at me all week about it. Parents just moved to SC so flew us down for Christmas otherwise I would be....motorized dog team tho20171213_185920.jpg

9 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

Lmao line goes in 7am tomorrow am....landowners been at me all week about it. Parents just moved to SC so flew us down for Christmas otherwise I would be....motorized dog team tho20171213_185920.jpg

Hay sets. Pound the frozen creeks with them. Fox are running them and can’t say no to investigating them. Take a cordless drill and drop an earth anchor through for staking job. It’ll freeze solid   Cut some hay/ straw and bag it for sprinkling over traps.  No bedding needed. You know how, appease me and make it happen lol. Looking forward to pics 

• Like 3

Hay sets. Pound the frozen creeks with them. Fox are running them and can’t say no to investigating them. Take a cordless drill and drop an earth anchor through for staking job. It’ll freeze solid   Cut some hay/ straw and bag it for sprinkling over traps.  No bedding needed. You know how, appease me and make it happen lol. Looking forward to pics 
That's the goal tf. This pic is a set i had out while I was off (land owner is checking he's a former trapper with no desire to anymore) of course the day I left it rained all day then froze.received_1787142141298776.jpeg

• Like 1

Poor dog ran out , peed and immediately came back in rotating feet she’s standing on. Only out there a few minutes. Pass the heads up to kids who may let dogs out and then get sidetracked to let dogs back in ASAP with temps this week. 

Both my mutts love this crap. My jack had her head buried in the snow trying to locate a mouse last night. The beag was racing around in the field this afternoon. I was watching from the comforts of the garage thinking to myself, man if I was out walking around and the snow was up to my genitalia and there was negative temps.... no thanks. I'll pee on the floor, go ahead and yell at me all you want !!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1