55 lbs of bacon...

mowin

Was with a buddy on 81 one time in the winter and there was an accident ahead and we stuck there for 3 hours with 6 other people in a passenger van .  Everyone was making calls home etc to let people know where they were. Well my buddy and I were going on a winter trip on the weekend with some other guys to my camp to play cards and drink and BS.  Well his important call was to his brother to tell him what to bring.  He leaves a message.....  " You need to bring enough bacon for 7 people for 3 days" and he hangs up.  The van is silent..... They all thought he was ordering bacon for us for 3 days cause we were stranded. And we're wondering who was the person that wasn't getting bacon.

But his brother brought 10 lbs of bacon and I cooked it all and yes we ate it. Cause it's bacon. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I think I mentioned earlier this year that the bacon, mayonnaise and white bread sandwich is a hunting lunch favorite for me.  Man that would be the gourmet version.  

Ok.  I guess I should add bacon and mayonnaise are twins in the making.  

Kinda like Arnold schwarznegger and Danny deVito.  Lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mowin said:

Dry cured for 14 days. Then cold smoked with maple. 8 or so hrs of smoke then a day or two rest in the fridge. Repeat until I got the color I like. This batch got a total of 26 hrs of smoke. 

IMG_20171206_084247101.jpg

IMG_20171206_090007517.jpg

IMG_20170312_121956818.jpg

So now what?

Gifts, personal consumption or sale (I CAN keep a secret$$$) ??

Shelf life and how do you store it?

9 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

So now what?

Gifts, personal consumption or sale (I CAN keep a secret$$$) ??

Shelf life and how do you store it?

Lol.  Personal enjoyment only. Can be persuaded to "gift" some if the acquaintance is close enough. 

It's vac sealed and I'm still using the stuff I made this March. Although that's just about gone.