Best survival rifle ever made

5 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Lots of variables and could evolve into a lengthy discussion. My vote for a survival type rifle would have to be one that will not let me down no matter what, i'll vote for the Ak-47 . 

Well if you going to go that route I like the Russian sks.  since are great state says we cant have anything with pistol grip and detachable magazine because it's too scary:) 

I think there is no contest, just look at the sales of AK-47 all over the world, cheap and reliable... can't beat that. Personally, I like our AR-15 platform, not too shabby either and then close behind any bolt action 30-06, just my personal opinion.

Here is the one I'm trying to get my hands on and start importing (tons of paper work). AK driven, made by Polish company "Lucznik-Radom" http://fabrykabroni.pl

Radom-Sport.png

Edited by bkln
added picture
  • Like 1

We talking zombies or real people?

Zombies, $200 Katana with a blade folded 200 times.

People........

Anything in an AR platform. If you don't like the specs of the box rifles, build your own. Possibilities are endless!

I would also suggest a sling-shot. Shoot'em in the eye, stab'em .............NM. Probably to graphic........

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ....rob said:

We talking zombies or real people?

Zombies, $200 Katana with a blade folded 200 times.

People........

Anything in an AR platform. If you don't like the specs of the box rifles, build your own. Possibilities are endless!

I would also suggest a sling-shot. Shoot'em in the eye, stab'em .............NM. Probably to graphic........

Not exactly what I had in mind was thinking Shipwrecked on a desert island or plan crash in the middle of nowhere kinda of scenario . 

If your talking having to kill zombie apocalypse  or end of civilization.  I say ak or AR 

Or a sub machine gun like the Beretta m12 or a mp5  because there more compact 

9 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Savage 24 20ga/30-30. Kill everything I would ever want to in a survival situation. Ammo is available everywhere and a bullet proof design.

7 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

.then the savage .22 mag and .410 combo gun. It has both! Lol

I like the combo idea myself.

During WW 2 around 1942, the German Luftwaffe issued 12 x 12 x 9.3x74r drillings to pilots as a survival rifle.

Hermann Goring (head of Luftwaffe) was an avid shooter/hunter and was responsible for having Sauer build around 2600 of them; and they came in a nifty breakdown case with ammo and supplies.

I won an auction some years ago for a complete unit with unopened ammo and all the kit; but never took possession as the auction house messed up and a blind buyer's bid wasn't entered. They asked me if I would sell to him at a tidy profit and I jumped at the chance.

Just the guns and the kits still come up for sale from time to time.

I would go with a .22.  Nothing like being able to carry thousands of rounds.  Not much you can't kill with one in a survival situation.  I would opt for a bolt action over a semi for reliability, but would probably settle for a 10/22 or a nylon 66 for capacity.  

People probably don't care for the idea, but the Athabaskans and other northern people hunt have hunted everything (including moose) with a .22 caliber.

8 hours ago, stubborn1VT said:

I would go with a .22.  Nothing like being able to carry thousands of rounds.  Not much you can't kill with one in a survival situation.  I would opt for a bolt action over a semi for reliability, but would probably settle for a 10/22 or a nylon 66 for capacity.  

People probably don't care for the idea, but the Athabaskans and other northern people hunt have hunted everything (including moose) with a .22 caliber.

Why not it beats a spear or arrow at close range :taunt:

I here  farmers sometimes  use them to put down sick  horses , cows pretty much any farm animal you can think of.  From close range with good shot placement there is not much you couldn't kill with one. 

Edited by Storm914