Best survival rifle ever made

On 1/7/2018 at 8:41 AM, Daveboone said:

I myself have a strong preference for Marlin model 60s over Rugers, despite their hoopla. they are bombproof, easy to maintain, 17 rds in the tube. Perfect for potting game,  you can carry more .22s than ANY other round, No, it may not stop a  crazed drugged up Mongol biker with one shot, but no one will choose to be shot by it, any knowledgeable and experienced shooter CAN put a determined foe down with a well placed shot.

I have 2 one is an older glenfield model 60 and the other one is newer with the bolt hold open. Both drive tacks and the glenfield has had 100s of thousands rounds through it with only a few hiccups. I think we would shoot a brick through that thing in a weekend. I replaced the buffer, recoil spring, feed ramp and worked the trigger a little on the glenfield completely different gun. Love the thing and should be great for my son when he comes of age. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

If the SHTF and there is a total collapse, a flintlock rifle would be the best alternative since all of the components could be had from the environment, albeit lead would the hardest to come by. Read Foxfire 5.

It has been said that the mountain men prefered the flintlock to percussion because percussion caps could be lost or get wet while if a flint was lost, one could be found in most places.

Edited by wildcat junkie

32 minutes ago, wildcat junkie said:

If the SHTF and there is a total collapse, a flintlock rifle would be the best alternative since all of the components could be had from the environment, albeit lead would the hardest to come by. Read Foxfire 5.

It has been said that the mountain men prefered the flintlock to percussion because percussion caps could be lost or get wet while if a flint was lost, one could be found in most places.

Love the Foxfire series.