Buffalo Bills

The_Real_TCIII

I spent 20 years in Buffalo and generally found the people to be friendly and courteous. When the Bills win the eyes sparkle a bit more, the smiles are a bit wider, and the day-to-day common courtesies seem to be a bit more heart-felt.

Congratulations to the team, the fans and the city for making it to the playoffs!! :drinks:

• Like 2

Great for the Bills in a season that was supposed to be a rebuilding year! I've learnt from 50yrs of disappointments not to get overly optimistic about their chances, they'll break your heart. Not to rain on anyone's parade, but their playoff prospects look like a one and out scenario. Maybe they can beat another wild card team, but after that...  Let the rebuilding continue in 2018.

22 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

I don’t follow football, never went to a game ,and my Newphew in Nashville , his next door neighbor and good friend was a QB for the Titian’s .

I could have tailgated with and sat with the players family’s , my newphew even had a players pass, I had zero interest in going . 

But I’m thrilled for Buffalo and all their fans .

That makes 2 of us, I haven't sat down and watched a football game in a few years and when all the kneeling started I lost most if not all my respect for those players. I thought it was only like 5 or 6 years since the last time they made the playoffs. I guess it really shows how much I watch.

On a side note does Cam Newton remind anyone of Flutie the way he isn't afraid to run the ball unlike most of the other QB's?

Edited by chas0218

As a Bills Fan since the early 60's , I gave up my season tickets years ago . I watched the 1st 2 games this year then quit until the last two games . Didn't put my Bills flag up or wear any Bills , shirts or hats as I was po'd about the kneeling by the NFL players .

If the Bills beat the Jags , I don't see them going any farther in the playoffs . Unless the Bills got lucky , the Pats or Steelers would kick their butts . It would be awesome if they could win a couple of playoff games before Kyle Williams retires ! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Belo said:

I lost my mind. 34 years old, life long bills fan and i was in hs when they last were in. I'm honestly just happy we made the playoffs... in a rebuilding year no less. If we beat the jags that'd be cool, but i dont see us going any farther and i wont even be sad.

Exactly, if we beat the Jags that would be awesome but getting in the tournament is pretty sweet! If we win and are headed to KC this forum is going to be LIT for a week lol

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

If we win and are headed to KC this forum is going to be LIT for a week lol

New England would be next. KC would have to win against Ten and Pit (if I have that right). That's a tough haul.

Of course the Bills would have to beat Jax and then NE in NE to face KC in the AFC title game. That's a tougher haul, but anything can happen!

26 minutes ago, Belo said:

I lost my mind. 34 years old, life long bills fan and i was in hs when they last were in. I'm honestly just happy we made the playoffs... in a rebuilding year no less. If we beat the jags that'd be cool, but i dont see us going any farther and i wont even be sad.

I'm a realist, but I'm immersed in the week.

Four more wins!

• Like 1

In the AFC, anything besides Pitt @ New England for the AFC Champ Game would be a shock. But hey, you never know. As a chiefs fan, I actually like our chances vs Patriots (rather than Pitt). Although we played Pitt tough last year in playoffs and this year in reg season, we just can't seem to beat them. However, we have beaten Brady/Pats a twice in recent years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chas0218 said:

That makes 2 of us, I haven't sat down and watched a football game in a few years and when all the kneeling started I lost most if not all my respect for those players. I thought it was only like 5 or 6 years since the last time they made the playoffs. I guess it really shows how much I watch.

On a side note does Cam Newton remind anyone of Flutie the way he isn't afraid to run the ball unlike most of the other QB's?

Cam Newton is afraid to run the ball in the last 2 years . He was a beast that year they made it the bowl.. Since that tail whoop he's never been the same.

4 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Exactly, if we beat the Jags that would be awesome but getting in the tournament is pretty sweet! If we win and are headed to KC this forum is going to be LIT for a week lol

we have to play the cheatriots first and only go to kc if they win and then they bee stealsburg. i hope we play the titans lol.

Wish we had more tickets, ours are going for four-five times the face value right now.

Cashed in some travel points I will never otherwise use and have a swanky room at the nearest high roller hotel less than a mile walk to the stadium. Boy are the Hotel staffers going to be disappointed...I think a pile of Bills fans got in there before they jacked their rates up to what is most likely above typical Bills fan ranges.

It's going to be a glorious sh!tshow. I get the sense there are going to be ALOT of Bills fans there.

• Like 1