Buffalo Bills

The_Real_TCIII

1 hour ago, Steve D said:

Best quarterback the Bills EVER had and probably ever will have:

Doug Flutie

doug.png

Flutie was fun to watch but he was too self centered and would never admit to when he played bad . When the Bills won , it was i did this , I did that , blah blah blah . When they lost , it was we didn't execute , we didn't do this very well and so forth . 

My take.. 

Bills best qb was prolly Jack Kemp. Kelly best of modern era. 

Tyrod is a huge problem.. did anyone hear Romo pointing out open recievers tyrod never saw while off scrambling about..let alone our top receiver is a freaking running back? Sorry although we don't have big name wide recievers if they are starting in NFL they are good. The ball needs to be thrown to them.( that's main reason Peterman was started although he wasn't ready.. his passes go down field 10 yards plus per completion ( granted he needs more work he is a rookie)

I'm happy with their play as they are defiantly playing as one under mc dermit. Qb must be addressed and there are 3 starters available from Minnesota  alone... i look forward to our drft and improving depth in other positions

10 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Yeah, OK.

ESPN ranks Kelly in their top 20 NFL QB's of all time. In 11 seasons, he went to 5 Pro Bowls, 4 Super Bowls, and in his 5th NFL year posted over 3,800 yds passing, 33 TDs to 9 picks, and only missed 3000 yds in a season 3 times (he was injured part of those seasons).

I'll take a washed up QB like that any day of the week.

Also ranks second for number of interseptions thrown in a super bowl. Also has second lowest completed attempt in a super bowl. He threw I believe 140 pass in all 4 super bowls and only completed about 50 of them.  Also the most sacked QB  in super bowls  maybe if he could have done more the two steps and throw he could have avoided some of those sacks.

Yeah he is the greatest ever yet Buffalo never won a super bowl even with him . If he was as great as you believe him to be he should have won all 4 by himself no team needed.  Everyone complaing about trod yet u all forget the great joke Kelly never brought home a win either. If they would have kept flute and played his style of football they would have a super bowl win. 

He helped his team get to the big stage 4 times and caused them to lose all 4 times. Great QB there. 

His great numbers didn't help them win any super bowl now did they. 

1 hour ago, stubby68 said:

Also ranks second for number of interseptions thrown in a super bowl. Also has second lowest completed attempt in a super bowl. He threw I believe 140 pass in all 4 super bowls and only completed about 50 of them.  Also the most sacked QB  in super bowls  maybe if he could have done more the two steps and throw he could have avoided some of those sacks.

Yeah he is the greatest ever yet Buffalo never won a super bowl even with him . If he was as great as you believe him to be he should have won all 4 by himself no team needed.  Everyone complaing about trod yet u all forget the great joke Kelly never brought home a win either. If they would have kept flute and played his style of football they would have a super bowl win. 

He helped his team get to the big stage 4 times and caused them to lose all 4 times. Great QB there. 

I'll take the Kelly era bills over this joke of a QB and team any day.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, G-Man said:

My take.. 

Bills best qb was prolly Jack Kemp. Kelly best of modern era....

Oh yeah, the Bill's fans were pretty faithful all the way from their founding Jack Kemp years, thru the Joe Ferguson era and into the 1990's Jim Kelly/Bruce Smith cycle. Not pointing any fingers at the owner (Ralph Wilson)  or the numerous coaches & GMs, but the Bills have struggled with QBs since Kelly retired. JMO, I'd be revamping their scouting staff!

Granted, it was a heart-breaker to see the Bills lose 4X consecutive Super Bowls, but just making it that far was pretty phenomenal to say the least compared to almost all the rest of the NFL teams. As a fair weather Bill's fan, I'd take being #2 again compared to what they've been the past ~17yrs!

Optimistically - A new owner dedicated to keeping the Bills in Buffalo, a new head coach determined to re-vamp the team's mentality and of course you loyal, beaten-up fans fanatically supporting them. Pessimistically - The Bills don't have enough draft picks (or $$) to rebuild their aging linemen, augment the backfield & receivers or draft & pay for a big name QB in the 2018 draft. So, the saga continues.... Oh yeah, we could be living in Cleveland, imagine being a Dawg Pound fan...!?!

Edited by nyslowhand
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, nyslowhand said:

Oh yeah, the Bill's fans were pretty faithful all the way from their founding Jack Kemp years, thru the Joe Ferguson era and into the 1990's Jim Kelly/Bruce Smith cycle. Not pointing any fingers at the owner (Ralph Wilson)  or the numerous coaches & GMs, but the Bills have struggled with QBs since Kelly retired. JMO, I'd be revamping their scouting staff!

Granted, it was a heart-breaker to see the Bills lose 4X consecutive Super Bowls, but just making it that far was pretty phenomenal to say the least compared to almost all the rest of the NFL teams. As a fair weather Bill's fan, I'd take being #2 again compared to what they've been the past ~17yrs!

Optimistically - A new owner dedicated to keeping the Bills in Buffalo, a new head coach determined to re-vamp the team's mentality and of course you loyal, beaten-up fans fanatically supporting them. Pessimistically - The Bills don't have enough draft picks (or $$) to rebuild their aging linemen, augment the backfield & receivers or draft & pay for a big name QB in the 2018 draft. So, the saga continues.... Oh yeah, we could be living in Cleveland, imagine being a Dawg Pound fan...!?!

Yes the bills struggled after their head scout died.( was Wilson's daughter) I believe she held a lot of influence over her father or I should say over the team operations.. after she passed he seemed to lose interest.. the new owners seem committed and the had their growing pains but now seem to habe put a good gm and coach in place.

7 hours ago, stubby68 said:

Also ranks second for number of interseptions thrown in a super bowl.

Admittedly, this isn't a good record to own and he is tied with 4 others.

How many did your guy Flutie throw in the big game?

I have to say I did like Flutie, but after a season (or less), opposing defenses had game planned him pretty well. Like most scrambling QB's.

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 1

When you're talking about a QBs career and get to say 4 Super Bowls several times I think you're making our point.
  • Like 2

Admittedly, this isn't a good record to own and he is tied with 4 others.
How many did your guy Flutie throw in the big game?
I have to say I did like Flutie, but after a season (or less), opposing defenses had game planned him pretty well. Like most scrambling QB's.

It's hard to hold any super bowl records good or bad if you don't play in FOUR of them
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

It's hard to hold any super bowl records good or bad if you don't play in FOUR of them

What point that he went four times lost four times. Has high amounts of interseptions in the games. Got sacked a lot in those games. You mean those points. 2 teams go to the super bowl ever year. Getting there is not that big of a deal. Being able to win is. Only one team a year does that. Now if he had of won all four that would be something to brag about. Bills fans are the only fand are the only fans that brag there team lost four super 

It's funny that Tyrod is blamed for the loses now and people want him gone. Yet Kelly couldn't win the big game four times but is still considered a god. Tyrod has completed more passes and thrown fewer interseptions in all his games the Kelly did in four games. He has also been sacked less.

2 hours ago, stubby68 said:

Getting there is not that big of a deal.

Tell that to 30 other teams. 94% don't make it there.

Out of the two that make it, 50% of them win.

I'm not celebrating four losses in a row, but it's a pretty big freaking deal just to make it!

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, stubby68 said:

What point that he went four times lost four times. Has high amounts of interseptions in the games. Got sacked a lot in those games. You mean those points. 2 teams go to the super bowl ever year. Getting there is not that big of a deal. Being able to win is. Only one team a year does that. Now if he had of won all four that would be something to brag about. Bills fans are the only fand are the only fans that brag there team lost four super 

It's funny that Tyrod is blamed for the loses now and people want him gone. Yet Kelly couldn't win the big game four times but is still considered a god. Tyrod has completed more passes and thrown fewer interseptions in all his games the Kelly did in four games. He has also been sacked less.

Did you use to eat paint chips as a kid? 

• Like 1