Looking for a club or a land lease in the capital district area

Hello,

Just joined HuntingNY yesterday and have enjoyed reading a lot of the posts. We recently moved to the Albany area and are having issues finding available properties to Hunt. I hunt with my 15 year old daughter.  We prefer private leases or clubs rather than public property for our hunts, not crazy about the crowds on public lands. Does anyone know of a hunting club or land lease that we can inquire about. We will purchase our own insurance.

Thank you!

• Like 1

it's hard to find an open lease or property that's not already packed. I don't know of any right now.  honestly I've hunted Pine Bush Preserve (public) and it's not that crowded. Lots of hikers and all that but not bad. it'd hunt it as a backup versus not hunting at all.

• Like 1

Welcome! I too am a capital region hunter. Compared to 20 years ago, some of the larger public lands in this area, are really not too crowded. And I've been successful hunting them, from time to time. I don't know of any lease options available in the Albany hilltowns. But if you PM me, I can probably steer you to some productive and not overly crowded public land. Lots of farms around these parts too. Perhaps you and your daughter could knock on a few doors? Perhaps, I could even give you and her, a hunt on our property. 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2018 at 12:33 PM, Sgtpete55 said:

Hello,

Just joined HuntingNY yesterday and have enjoyed reading a lot of the posts. We recently moved to the Albany area and are having issues finding available properties to Hunt. I hunt with my 15 year old daughter.  We prefer private leases or clubs rather than public property for our hunts, not crazy about the crowds on public lands. Does anyone know of a hunting club or land lease that we can inquire about. We will purchase our own insurance.

Thank you!

welcome to the forum. 

I am in the same boat as you and your daughter, ive done some scouting on public land and some door knocking with limited success keep looking, something will turn up .

I also just downloaded the pocket ranger app, it shows DEC points of interest and public hunting areas as well as season information and rules, pretty handy

Edited by Dsltech
  • Like 2