Electronic Predator call

13 hours ago, Jdubs said:

I learned the hard way that going cheap only ends up being the expensive way to buy quality stuff when you eventually upgrade. ;)

I kinda figured this leading in, but i cant drop a few hundred bucks right now. I bought 4 new guns this fall/winter. extra cash at the moment is not so plentiful lol. Been cruising through them on ebay. I have a wicked head lamp and a wicked scope mounted light. Just need some Tunes. I was thinking if its like anything else, a few successful hunts in and ill be upgrading everything. But im fine with that..   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rachunter said:

I have a primos turbo dog you can have it. I had it for a few years and had to replace the remote so now when you turn it on it takes a little time to find the speaker other then that it works fine.If I didn't have the patient of a pitbull in a butcher shop i'd still be using it.I went with a FoxPro banshee and i'm very happy with it.

like I said your more then welcome to it.

Thank you, I greatly appreciate your offer sir. If you are looking to part ways with it I would gladly enjoy it. I like tinkering with stuff. That would be awesome. Though i will still probably pick up my own as well.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Fox Pro definately makes some great e-callers, but their budget ones are nothing great. I would not recommend a single speaker call. Been there, done that. Their HammerJack looks to be a great one, with dual speakers, a nice remote and a decoy built right into it (not useful for night calling though). You will be looking at $300 for that one.

Currently I am using a Primos Alpha Dogg, and I do have to say, its just about as nice as any FoxPro that I have ever used. Plenty of sounds and features, and the ability to load custom sounds. The range of the remote is great, Ive used it at 60+ yards with no issues. The only feature that I wish it had that the FoxPro has, is something like Fox Bang, where it switches to a different sound right at the shot. I do, however, love the programmable sequences. It makes it nice and easy to hunt solo at night. Just program up a few different sets, power up and let it play. The only thing you have to adjust is the volume. You can pick up an Alpha Dogg online for around $169 or so.

The price of the Alpha Dog is closer to what id like to spend. I was a little concerned with Primos electronic products if they were anything like their cameras. I never had much luck with them. But if you stand by yours for the money invested I may follow suit for a dual speaker setup. 

shoot me an address it's yours.I'll never use it.

4 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

Thank you, I greatly appreciate your offer sir. If you are looking to part ways with it I would gladly enjoy it. I like tinkering with stuff. That would be awesome. Though i will still probably pick up my own as well.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LET EM GROW said:

The price of the Alpha Dog is closer to what id like to spend. I was a little concerned with Primos electronic products if they were anything like their cameras. I never had much luck with them. But if you stand by yours for the money invested I may follow suit for a dual speaker setup. 

Their newer e-callers have a good reputation. Ive been using mine for about a year so far and have had no problems with it whatsoever. I know a couple of guys that have the model below mine, and havent had any complaints either, other than they arent that loud, as its a single speaker call. The Alpha Dogg actually has 3 speakers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

I kinda figured this leading in, but i cant drop a few hundred bucks right now. I bought 4 new guns this fall/winter. extra cash at the moment is not so plentiful lol. Been cruising through them on ebay. I have a wicked head lamp and a wicked scope mounted light. Just need some Tunes. I was thinking if its like anything else, a few successful hunts in and ill be upgrading everything. But im fine with that..   

You wont have to upgrade your lights. Wicked makes some of the best stuff out there.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

My Wicked Light on the gun was one of those quality upgrades that made a big difference.  Awesome light.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

I kinda figured this leading in, but i cant drop a few hundred bucks right now

If you are stacking them like cord wood they will pay for your "new" stuff in no time. :dancer:.

I also like the alpha dog but if I was going the big bucks it would be the fox pro fusion.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steve D said:

If you are stacking them like cord wood they will pay for your "new" stuff in no time. :dancer:.

I also like the alpha dog but if I was going the big bucks it would be the fox pro fusion.

I got my Alpha Dogg basically for free with a couple of Amazon gift cards last year. I wouldnt call $169 big bucks though. If and when I decide to upgrade, Ill go with the FoxPro Shockwave or whatever similar call they have at that point.

7 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I got my Alpha Dogg basically for free with a couple of Amazon gift cards last year. I wouldnt call $169 big bucks though. If and when I decide to upgrade, Ill go with the FoxPro Shockwave or whatever similar call they have at that point.

I didn't pay a lot for my Primos either. My biggest issue with the fox pro's is all their sounds are proprietary and can't be used on anything else and the fact that if you want the better remote you have to spend a lot more. Another thorn with me is the batteries. Their earlier models ran on four AA's and all their new models require 8-10 AA's in the caller and  more in the remote. My primo takes 11 and after awhile that can get pretty pricey.

The fox pro have rechargeables  but between callers and trail cams a guy can go broke just buying the batteries. I usually run the lithium which are a little bit more expensive.

I like the good old days when you could run a cassette with a external speaker with two batteries and pretty much hunt all night.

• Like 1

Just like everything else...depends on if you want to drive a chevy or a Cadillac. They will both get you where you are going but one will have more bells & whistles. Like someone else said pretty much falls under the category of you get what you pay for.

• Like 1