Anyone have a Hatsan air rifle or pistol?

1 hour ago, goosifer said:

fieldsupply.com has a bunch on sale. I was thinking about getting one for target practice and or small game hunting. Anyone have any experience with a Hatsan?

Personally if you know your going to be using it a lot and don't mind spending the money a multi shot  pcp airgun are a whole lot of fun to shoot and more accurate. 

4 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Personally if you know your going to be using it a lot and don't mind spending the money a multi shot  pcp airgun are a whole lot of fun to shoot and more accurate. 

hard to say how much I will use it, but hoping to use it a lot, as a way to practice shooting (to a degree) and as a hobby. What is a multi-shot pcp airgun? I'm not familiar with the term.

16 minutes ago, goosifer said:

hard to say how much I will use it, but hoping to use it a lot, as a way to practice shooting (to a degree) and as a hobby. What is a multi-shot pcp airgun? I'm not familiar with the term.

Check out the video 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OW-5TO95aio

They use a special  high pressre pump or scuba tank to fill like the old crossmen pump guns but on steroids .

I use the pump to fill mine get about 40 shots per fill on the one a I got  . It is kinda of expensive hobby to get into but it is worth it if you like to shoot a lot in doors or in the back yard or  back country even with the light ones like that model . 

Edited by Storm914

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2018 at 7:15 PM, Storm914 said:

I use the pump to fill mine get about 40 shots per fill on the one a I got  . It is kinda of expensive hobby to get into but it is worth it if you like to shoot a lot in doors or in the back yard or  back country even with the light ones like that model . 

I have become big fan of PCP powered airguns, picked a Benjamin Marauder 25 cal PCP a few years ago and it has been a great rifle with gilt edged accuracy and a lot of pop. The only downside is using the hand pump to get her charged up, not a bit deal if just used for hunting or a little plinking but if you get into a tin of pellets doing some substantial target shooting you will get a real workout, I would say over a period of time as "married with children's AL BUNDY" once said you will end up with arms like a "Java Man", 

So while I try to keep convincing myself that the workout is a good side benefit I have been looking into some various personal use high pressure compressors for airguns. The reviews seem to be all over the map on these things and before I plunk down the cash it takes to buy one I want to make sure if I take the plunge I will have something with quality and longevity. 

If I can ever end up with a tank and a compressor of decent quality at a reasonable price that 35 cal Benjamin Bulldog will not be far behind

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, airedale said:

I have become big fan of PCP powered airguns, picked a Benjamin Marauder 25 cal PCP a few years ago and it has been a great rifle with gilt edged accuracy and a lot of pop. The only downside is using the hand pump to get her charged up, not a bit deal if just used for hunting or a little plinking but if you get into a tin of pellets doing some substantial target shooting you will get a real workout, I would say over a period of time as "married with children's AL BUNDY" once said you will end up with arms like a "Java Man", 

So while I try to keep convincing myself that the workout is a good side benefit I have been looking into some various personal use high pressure compressors for airguns. The reviews seem to be all over the map on these things and before I plunk down the cash it takes to buy one I want to make sure if I take the plunge I will have something with quality and longevity. 

If I can ever end up with a tank and a compressor of decent quality at a reasonable price that 35 cal Benjamin Bulldog will not be far behind

Al

I use the shoebox f10 compressor.   It works great for filling a single gun whenever you want.  About 3-4 min fill time.   Add a cheap 8 gallon 150 psi portable compressor, hoses and a air filter and it’s good to go.   If I was filling scuba tanks, I would want something bigger but to direct fill a pcp, it’s perfect.   Most reasonable 4500psi compressor out there too.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, airedale said:

Al

Thats why i got the carbine pistol version. My prod has only a 60cc tank to fill not that hard to fill I think if I get  a  new  pcp gun with a bigger tank more then say  120 cc   I may have to get a scuba tank or get a compressor   but probably the next Pcp  gun i will be buying is the  fx independence it has a built in pump .

Edited by Storm914

I considered the shoe box type compressors but I have holding off on one as I have been seeing a bunch of stand alone airgun compressors that have been coming on the market in recent years for not a whole lot of money. If and when those stand alones turn out to be half way decent I may spring for one.

Al

My 25 cal MRod

001.JPG

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, airedale said:

I considered the shoe box type compressors but I have holding off on one as I have been seeing a bunch of stand alone airgun compressors that have been coming on the market in recent years for not a whole lot of money. If and when those stand alones turn out to be half way decent I may spring for one.

Al

My 25 cal MRod

001.JPG

I saw them on eBay for around $300 pcp compressors coming from China .

They  work but I think the setup and maybe maintenance is an issue with them i saw one video review on YouTube about it  

• Like 1