Bad road conditions near Buffalo today

goosifer

7 hours ago, gjs4 said:

And I’m just trying to pair the screen names with the people I drive home next to. Haha. I grew up on the other side of town closer to the Darien line and am guessing I’m older than you guys. Love in Bennington now... where the roads are never maintained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in Cowlesville,plow trucks ride the roads here constantly, blade 2" off road and not spreading any salt.JOB SECURITY

2 hours ago, goosifer said:

Older Honda SUV with all wheel drive with goodyear assurance cs tripletred all-season tires. I guess I was just going a little too fast for the weather conditions.

Glad to hear all ended ok.  

I teach defensive driving classes and people always say they went off the road because the roads were so bad.  I ask them if the roads were so bad how come the other 10,000 people that just drove thru there didnt go off the road ?  Speed is usually the biggest issue in losing control and lack of adequate following distance to give yourself enough time to react.  

But lesson learned for you and no one got hurt, so it all ended ok.  Was prob scary though. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, 52 farmer said:

I am in Cowlesville,plow trucks ride the roads here constantly, blade 2" off road and not spreading any salt.JOB SECURITY

I used to work for the NYSDOT.  And they have to do logs for each sanding and plowing run.  That was to show several things .....the use of material - salt and sand, miles etc.  But it was also to show that the state or township was taking care of the roads so they weren't sued for negligence in a severe accident.  As with anything else, people will sue the state for not taking care of the roads but it's not their fault because they were going too fast for the road conditions. 

Not true. Just a large percentage of this forum lives in Alden...lol.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

This has defiantly brought back some good memories. Wasn’t there long but enjoyed the area when I was.

We were the hicks who found a deep spot in that creek where we could swim in haha.

This has defiantly brought back some good memories. Wasn’t there long but enjoyed the area when I was.

We were the hicks who found a deep spot in that creek where we could swim in haha.

If it was off Cayuga Creek you were behind my in laws

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk