Gear Review Section? Anyone have any gear reviews?

HuntingNY

TWIZTD STRINGS is a company located in Michigan that builds custom strings . The strings are made based on your specifications or those of the manufacturer . The materials used are Brownell Excel or BCY 452X Most colors are available . 2X serving is used for end servings . Halo may be used for specialty orders . All strings are pre-stretched at 300 lbs and served under tension using a Little Jon serving machine .

I ordered 2 sets of string and cable for my Ben Pearson TX-4 . One set is the Excel (seemed to be faster in some of the previous tests) and the other set is the 452X . I ordered the Excel in Green / Black and the 452X in Purple / Black . I was quite pleased with the color options .

I had contacted Sean at Twiztd Strings and gave him my string measurement . Sean in turn contacted Ben Pearson Archery to verify the specifications on my bow model . When I received the strings , I took the Excel strings to my local bow shop to have them installed professionally . When I picked up my bow I asked the shop owner if he had any problems . Dave , at Trophy Taker Shop said he had taken measurements of the new string & cable , bow axle to axle , brace height , plus measured the string / cable that he removed from my TX-4 . He said the strings & cables measured the same and that the string I had removed was in fine shape .

So far I am quite pleased with the Strings / Cables and the personal touch from those at Twiztd Strings .

The picture with the brighter string is the new one . The original string is the dull colored one .

Now I have to get out and shoot the bow

Original String

wklrnb.jpg

Twiztd Strings Excel

21debye.jpg

twiztdstrings.com

I'll bet that would be pretty interesting. Of course, I probably wouldn't have much to offer since I am entering into my "cheapskate" phase of life now ....... lol. Unless something breaks, I don't replace it.

It could be that I will be buying a new deer rifle soon if the Governor ever signs the Ontario County rifle bill. After a while I'll be able to give a review on whatever I buy.

I think you've got a real good idea there. What the heck..... you can always get rid of it if it doesn't go over too good.

Doc