Would you hunt deer with a 9mm ?

Hunter007

A bunch of deer have fallen to a .22 rimfire I’m sure. Poachers delight. 9 mm is not a deer cartridge imo by any means. 10mm , ,357 and .44 sure if you shoot it and know your gun and capability   Government , LEO and military have upped their calibers over the years. Man falls quicker than deer. Oh heck , we saw a video on here a month ago from a 50 cal not even hitting the deer and killing it ^_^ so what do I know 

• Like 1

no way,its unethical i like years ago guys would buy a surplus m1 carbine [im talking about the carbine not the garand which was a 30-06]to hunt with that round was no way made for deer hunting in fact i dont know if its even legal to hunt with in new york. please guys comment on my grammar i hope it got a little better

I wonder when the turning point will occur for real hunters to get videos like this pulled. Every idiot trying something new (speers, sidearm pistols - and there are a bunch of videos out there, etc) just makes everything related to hunting appear as if bloodlust is the sole driver. This crap is more our enemy than antis, politics or 93% of the nonhunting public. Heck it leads to all of hose things. I’m sure we have a few on here who see nothing the matter with this. You are the problem. Argue the ethics of a .17 vs a tradbow in your vacant space of skull allday everyday; just quit filming your stupidity and making the majority answer for your narrow mindedness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gjs4 said:

I wonder when the turning point will occur for real hunters to get videos like this pulled. Every idiot trying something new (speers, sidearm pistols - and there are a bunch of videos out there, etc) just makes everything related to hunting appear as if bloodlust is the sole driver. This crap is more our enemy than antis, politics or 93% of the nonhunting public. Heck it leads to all of hose things. I’m sure we have a few on here who see nothing the matter with this. You are the problem. Argue the ethics of a .17 vs a tradbow in your vacant space of skull allday everyday; just quit filming your stupidity and making the majority answer for your narrow mindedness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a hunter you should always  go with the weapon that you   relatively are  acurate with   and with the most power that you can shoot ,then factor In every thing else like weight and portability.

The hilljack in the video did it wrong in so many ways .

Starting with the cal and ending with a short  barrel pistol  like that.  He may as well have throne  a brick . 

Parlor tricks are for the range.....

Personally, I will never hunt with a handgun.  A rifle does a better job every time.

I shoot powerful calibers that I can handle at reasonable ranges on calm animals.  No running shots, never anything beyond 200 with a rifle or 30 with a bow, no shooting through brush either.

I'm happy to see a nice deer walk by than to possibly wound one....

I use 450 marlin, 30-06, or 54 cal round ball.

• Like 1

As for pistols . Use the right caliber . I shot a doe with my Contender 7-30 waters cartridge . It's a 7mm bullet in a necked down 30-30 brass casing . One shot . 

!0 shots with a 9 mm . And ... to think that Prince Andy said , "You don't need 10 bullets to kill a deah" ! 

My answer is no. I think he put only 1 shot through the vitals. That deer was riddled with bullets before dying. This is far from what I consider hunting. These sorta videos should be pulled. Must make this guy feel real tough doing that to the animal...

• Like 1

I think with a rifle a good scope and the right bullet at 20 yards or so it could be done ethically but   not with a defensive pistol like that,  unless it was a survival situation (NO way) I would use that caliber ,not even in a rifle ,  makes no sense when I can use something more powerful .

Edited by Storm914

Yes as a finishing shot if needed. I only had one instance where I hit a deer high in the spine it flopped around so I ran over and put a 9mm in it's head. I wasn't about to shoot it again with the .270 when it is flopping all over the place just to cause it more pain.