Bragging Poacher Gets Some Justice

CharlieNY

Another poacher got himself nabbed, by bragging about his poaching on Facebook. He poaches 3 bucks and then wants to brag about it. I believe that his bragging mentality that some believe that they have to get the biggest and most kills leads to a lot of poaching. This contributes to poor hunting opportunities for the overwhelming majority of us true hunters who obey game laws and regulations. I also personally believe that a lot of these "big buck" contests add to the problem, and I would like to see them ended. As I have stated before, I hope the judge gives this poacher the maximum penalties for each and every one of the violations he committed.

valoroutdoors.com

http://www.syracuse.com/outdoors/index.ssf/2018/01/cny_man_boasts_on_facebook_after_killing_deer_now_faces_11500_in_fines.html#incart_river_home

Edited by CharlieNY
Link
  • Like 4

Meanwhile the town is going to pay “ sharpshooters” to come in and kill deer at night over bait ( at least that’s how I’ve seen it done around here .) 

Dont take that as defending the guy, just seems a bit ironic .

one guy I work with killed 7 deer in a town bow hunt this year and another killed 23 a year or ago, this place could use hunters who PAY to do,the same .

• Like 8

52 minutes ago, Bowshotmuzzleloader said:

$11,000 plus in fines he could of went on a couple of high fence hunts insted LOL

what an idiot ...

I’d bet he ends up,paying a small fraction of that . Hopefully someone in that area will keep,us updated .

10 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Meanwhile the town is going to pay “ sharpshooters” to come in and kill deer at night over bait ( at least that’s how I’ve seen it done around here .) 

Dont take that as defending the guy, just seems a bit ironic .

one guy I work with killed 7 deer in a town bow hunt this year and another killed 23 a year or ago, this place could use hunters who PAY to do,the same .

I live nearby and this deer kill by the town is all fueled by one of the town board members sons getting Lyme disease...

Poachers are right up there with welfare fraud in NY. Sounds great, support it 100% but we haven’t even started the car for the road trip yet with what has to be done. Look at your local big buck contest and then ask around about the behavior of the folks on there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2