Bragging Poacher Gets Some Justice

CharlieNY

4 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I have a family member that was arrested for bookmaking, they held onto his truck with all of his work tools in it for months. They wouldnt allow him to come get his tools out of it and this was before he even had a trial. What we have now is a less than 1% chance of getting caught and not much in the way of penalty to deter someone

talking with ECO's for the poaching law that went through, they have to treat each report equally serious, unless they have history with the individual doing the alleged misdeed or have more info to go on.  result is a lot of running around on little to nothing chasing a rumors.  harsher penalties would deter less brazen from doing it to begin with. then efforts are focused on fewer cases.  we've had those individuals caught too.  seems it's always bragging in a bar or posting on social media that does them in.

I still don't see loss of hunting licence even if it is inn50 states..they are hunting with out one anyway and would.prolly.do so again..

Now if they drove a vehicle to poach to.get.to h7bting area or to transport the game ..lost of driving licence  would be much more hurtful.. especially if tied into other states.. that is punishment as well as possibly life changing..like a dwi...

10 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

So, are plots consider ag practice ??? None of my plots are within 1000' of the road but I am curious to know.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Yes they are ag  but interpretation by an eco can still screw you..nut unless you have a rash upswing of deer getting hit on your road like 1 a day for a week.. no one would know you have a plot there..

12 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

By definition I wouldn't think so, I know I don't harvest any of my plots and I think harvesting is an essential part of "Ag."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's no good 1 is close to the house which ends up being close to the road, maybe I can pass it off as part of my yard.