Your hit list buck finally shows up...

LET EM GROW

7 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

Anyone think the real cold weather we have had for 2 or 3 weeks would make them cast earlier than normal? 

I don't think so. I did see one 2 weeks ago that dropped one, but that's it. Another spot I hunt, all 7 bucks that I've been getting pics of are still holding. 

As far as one of my targets showing up, if he dropped or broke his rack, he'll get a pass from me. 

On 1/5/2018 at 8:59 PM, gjs4 said:

We had a nice buck, 3 this yr, living on the farm for most of his hours. He would occasionally jaunt to the south. Not a deer I planned to shoot this yr, especially because he had broke his g3 right after shedding. Nice deer for NY nonetheless. Passed him mid oct and felt great. Later that night the neighbor text saying he was in love with this curved brow buck that showed up on his cams. Ugh. It is what it is, my choice, wild deer....I get it. I tell him ironically I just passed that buck because he had a broken fine and fine of potential for next yr. he told me he probably couldn’t do that but was bummed he broke a tine but he was still a upper 120s 8 at this Pt. He ended up killing a random 2yo that he was all excited about a day or two later so I’m elated this deer should be safe. Doesn’t the jackass shoot him open day of gun with 6 of 9 points and a third of his beam broken off. Just a skull for the shed. Yup it’s legal and he was within this rights.... but what a tard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not that it matters but both bucks we personal bests. Both will be on my wall. Both taste great. And you can bet your ass I was happy taking two great bucks. Sorry we can't all be super hunters. But please think twice before running your mouth about people being jackass and tards.

Just a shame you couldn't say something to me and I have to hear from other people about you talking shit about me

I always love someone get to attached to a buck or bucks someone shoots one and it awe my deer got killed.. they are the state's and don't follow the laws and the state will remind you of that quick.. it's become a joke now at camp no matter what someone shoots the man he would of been so much better next year must be said.. 

Shoot what your happy with, pass what you wish , be happy for everyone that gets something( this last one is the hardest) but do this and be honest about it and hubting is better for everyone

• Like 7

since an experience in my younger days, i pass up significantly busted bucks. story goes... i had a buck come running in after a doe. i saw antler but before i could get a better look it stopped like with it's head behind a 3' dia tree trunk.  it let out the gnarliest and deepest series of grunts i've ever heard to this day.  in less than a second the doe i could tell was going to bolt with him after her. it was huge bodied and didn't look like a very young deer at all.  all that sealed its fate. as it started to pass the tree and take off to the races again, i confirmed antler and let lead fly.  auto pilot had a couple perfect 30-06 shots at maybe 35ish yards through rib cage. turns out it was one of the biggest bucks on the farm at the time, a ridiculously wide but relatively thin antler framed buck we all knew of. well it somehow had broken off both beams making it a modest spike horn at most.  everyone couldn't believe i shot a "spike horn". most everyone who had a comment completely ignored the fact that it's a** hung a good foot lower with all bucks next to each other, noses at same level.  neighbor even saw it and said the antlers where too thin to have had as many points as the buck we all knew it was.  i made a choice but i didn't need to shoot it and deal with the ridiculousness that followed. i don't shoot them anymore.  since then we haven't had any of our best bucks break that far up the beams. one this past season was heavy enough it even caught a bullet in its antler between the base and browtine. 

• Like 1

My #2 buck either took a slug to the main beam or broke it off in 2013 as a 4 or 5 yr old.. Im thinking slug because this guy, that year had well over 5" bases. And last year his bases were 6 & 6-5/8" .. If it did indeed break, id like to see what made him break like that. 

My mind has been made to wait out the rack from now on.. as long as its minimal damage lol 

265.PNG

Not that it matters but both bucks we personal bests. Both will be on my wall. Both taste great. And you can bet your ass I was happy taking two great bucks. Sorry we can't all be super hunters. But please think twice before running your mouth about people being jackass and tards.

Just a shame you couldn't say something to me and I have to hear from other people about you talking shit about me

Wow- bang! This is epic!

Congrats on the bucks, by the way. I would gladly shoot my 2 personal best bucks as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well...

Let me start with a couple apologies. As stated when you personally contacted me prior to your reply thread, I am sincerely apologetic for the “tard” name calling. That was Immature and not proper.

The second apology goes to myself for thinking any reply on here will have a positive outcome.

This is not to be confused with me being anything less than “why?” with your choice, but it was YOUR choice. I clearly stated that earlier too. It’s ironic how everyone in “our” neighborhood, excluding those on the property I hunt, fingerpoints at each other for shooting everything. Wishing you all could get passed that or feeling like it’s a sin to pass young bucks or shoot does. I’m trying to have the strength you posted in not caring about what cant be controlled. The nonstop scouting and habitat improvement can not overcome area constraints and my hopes should be deflated to reality. My passions are misplaced hunting what and where I do. At least you appear to be legal in your approach unlike the baiters and trespassers around us, right? You can pick the deer you pull the trigger on but surely can’t pick your neighbors. It’s a shame my Encon buddies didn’t follow through. If the cheer squad on here hasn’t caught it yet; not much makes it around us and this is the first drama between us despite plenty of chit taking place all around.

Not going to trudge in the mud further, call you out or make threats. You’re welcome for the intel on the buck(s). We all make mistakes. Live and learn as life goes on regardless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Pics of the bucks??

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1