Your hit list buck finally shows up...

LET EM GROW

On 1/10/2018 at 2:16 PM, dbHunterNY said:

since an experience in my younger days, i pass up significantly busted bucks. story goes... i had a buck come running in after a doe. i saw antler but before i could get a better look it stopped like with it's head behind a 3' dia tree trunk.  it let out the gnarliest and deepest series of grunts i've ever heard to this day.  in less than a second the doe i could tell was going to bolt with him after her. it was huge bodied and didn't look like a very young deer at all.  all that sealed its fate. as it started to pass the tree and take off to the races again, i confirmed antler and let lead fly.  auto pilot had a couple perfect 30-06 shots at maybe 35ish yards through rib cage. turns out it was one of the biggest bucks on the farm at the time, a ridiculously wide but relatively thin antler framed buck we all knew of. well it somehow had broken off both beams making it a modest spike horn at most.  everyone couldn't believe i shot a "spike horn". most everyone who had a comment completely ignored the fact that it's a** hung a good foot lower with all bucks next to each other, noses at same level.  neighbor even saw it and said the antlers where too thin to have had as many points as the buck we all knew it was.  i made a choice but i didn't need to shoot it and deal with the ridiculousness that followed. i don't shoot them anymore.  since then we haven't had any of our best bucks break that far up the beams. one this past season was heavy enough it even caught a bullet in its antler between the base and browtine. 

A: I didn't make a mistake. My issue was when instead of talking to me you posted it on the internet.

B: yes you are correct lots of bitching when spikers and 60 lbs doe get shot

C: like I have always said a majority of the people who hunt there are meat hunters and could care less about the rack.

D: I can only control what I do and I know I am 100% legal so as far as baiting goes I have no clue.

E: I am done with this I have said my peace.

Top one is gun bottom is bow

IMG_20171118_080656.jpg

IMG_20171103_180303.jpg

Edited by Facts
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Facts said:

A: I didn't make a mistake. My issue was when instead of talking to me you posted it on the internet.

C: like I have always said a majority of the people who hunt there are meat hunters and could care less about the rack.

D: I can only control what I do and I know I am 100% legal so as far as baiting goes I have no clue.

IMG_20171118_080656.jpg

IMG_20171103_180303.jpg

Very nice ..good taxidermist can fix that rack easily. I would of shot both as well .. congratulations on your personal bests!!!

• Like 1

On 1/10/2018 at 11:14 AM, Facts said:

promise there wont be any tension. its to easy to ignore someone. Plus I enjoy the little time I get to spend in the woods. I will not waste it worrying about things I cannot control or other people. guess I am getting to old for that crap

Yet you had to call this guy a yard because he didn't comply with your ideals.. told him why you passed it in the hopes he would.do the same(control) ... deer wander they eat on his and your property.. do what you do and be happy your neighbor got his game. Obviously he's happy.. you seem to be the kid that goes to a party watches a kid open his presents only to scoff and say I have better ... relax is deer hunting if it gives you that much angst to call a guy a turd.. I feel.sorry for.you. 

• Like 1

IMG_20171118_080656.thumb.jpg.233a9dce1a0990b88cf66a46c6d3557c.jpg
IMG_20171103_180303.thumb.jpg.77d40acbbff067b506b61f9eba557eec.jpg
I'm not getting involved on the should or shouldn't haves, but that does suck your gun buck was all busted up ! Have it mounted full turn to the left....lol.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

IMG_20171118_080656.thumb.jpg.233a9dce1a0990b88cf66a46c6d3557c.jpg
IMG_20171103_180303.thumb.jpg.77d40acbbff067b506b61f9eba557eec.jpg
I assume you meant to quote gjs4 and not me. lol I was just sharing a story of my own. Nice bucks. Topping your personal best buck twice in the same season is awesome. For that to happen i have to think many around you aren't just what people call "meat hunters". They're passing some young bucks. Anyway congrats. No issues here. Don't know who you are, where you hunt, or what your situation is. I'm happy for ya.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yet you had to call this guy a yard because he didn't comply with your ideals.. told him why you passed it in the hopes he would.do the same(control) ... deer wander they eat on his and your property.. do what you do and be happy your neighbor got his game. Obviously he's happy.. you seem to be the kid that goes to a party watches a kid open his presents only to scoff and say I have better ... relax is deer hunting if it gives you that much angst to call a guy a turd.. I feel.sorry for.you. 

You’re a genius. Thanks for proving my points perfectly.

The post above yours quoted here you mention a good taxidermist could fix that. Not only does that negate his contentment you praise but it also shows tines matter.

The neighbors would not have the opportunity they have without our efforts and self control. FACT. Whether I get aggravated about that or not is my choice. Sort of like yours to post under the wrong quote or be your the period (regarding punctuation of course). You strike me as the kid who expects a gift because you went to some other kids birthday party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, gjs4 said:

You’re a genius. Thanks for proving my points perfectly.

The post above yours quoted here you mention a good taxidermist could fix that. Not only does that negate his contentment you praise but it also shows tines matter.

The neighbors would not have the opportunity they have without our efforts and self control. FACT. Whether I get aggravated about that or not is my choice. Sort of like yours to post under the wrong quote or be your the period (regarding punctuation of course). You strike me as the kid who expects a gift because you went to some other kids birthday party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No fixing a rack has nothing to do with shooting it busted.. fix if you want I just stated that a broke. Point is not a reason to pass a Nick has it can be easily fixed if that's your reason for passing it. Points don't matter a mature deer with a busted rack is that same as if it's rack is complete. It's still mature.  Grammar police aside I'm happy for him and still feel bad for you .. something so enjoyable causes you grief when someone else is successful.. I'd never feel that way and I have had several friend take their best buck off my land.as well as neighbors after a buck wandered over to them. never have i been upset they killed a target buck of mine. I am truly happy they got it and usually cant wait to hear the story.. many times I've even gone over to cape it for them to take to taxidermist.