The return of Gander ( mountain) outdoors

G-Man

1 hour ago, mlammerhirt said:

Interesting.....didn't think they would try again at the Tonawanda location.
Between online purchasing and the brick and mortar Cabelas in Cheektowaga, I thought it was a no brainier for them to fold up shop.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I had heard that the new owner was looking to incorporate its RV business with the Gander Outdoors stores. For the Tonawanda location, they were looking at the old BJs space in the same plaza but towards the back. Much more room to put out RVs. Not sure if that will happen or not, but that's what I had heard. Will be convenient to have that store come back in some form.

I can't get too excited about a return of Gander Mountain. They had their chance to profit from this consumer, and they blew it. Since that time a few quality outdoor stores have come on the scene. I don't need Gander Mountain anymore.

47 minutes ago, goosifer said:

I had heard that the new owner was looking to incorporate its RV business with the Gander Outdoors stores. For the Tonawanda location, they were looking at the old BJs space in the same plaza but towards the back. Much more room to put out RVs. Not sure if that will happen or not, but that's what I had heard. Will be convenient to have that store come back in some form.

I wonder if they would they would try and compete with Colton RV being in the area and established . Colton is extremely over priced  so maybe they have that in mind as well.

5 minutes ago, tommyc50 said:

well if they dont change their ways in how they do business . I for one wont go there.Use to go to the one in middletown  it was horrible  slow slide and it was a bad attitude from management down

Other than the word "Gander" in the name and the location, I think it will be a whole new store, for bettor or for worse. Remember, they liquidated all the inventory and the fixtures.

you wont see my face in a gander  mountain store. it was useful for a short trip to get a hunting license. it was good when they opened but went sliding down hill into a shit pile not long after. Speaking about the tonawanda store.  You couldnt buy black powder you couldnt find decent lures for local fish.I went in there once and they wouldnt even sell me their last smoker. that place was just a hot garbage mess.Its time for a Boycott

I do find it interesting as to how much money for hunting & fishing stuff there must be floating around if they are lured into taking another shot at it. Look at all the big-box stores there are now that deal in hunting and outdoor products. And most of them spare no expense when it comes to the facilities. Apparently hunters and fishermen have a lot of cash that these people are looking to glom onto.