Comfort foods

Jdubs

You know what I'm talking about.  Those foods that knock the chill out or make you feel good on a crappy day.  We all have them.  What's your favorite comfort food for staying in and filling your belly?

Tonight, I went with venison brats wrapped in bacon and coated with brown sugar and cayenne pepper.   Harpoon Winter Warmer to wash them all down.

20180106_174442.jpg

Edited by Jdubs
  • Like 3

Jdubs, what a GREAT topic.

Please like this post, i feel so strongly about  :-)

Smoked sausage, potatoes, and fresh string beans,  with big chunks of onions, all boiled together! Topped with salt, pepper, butter.

It truly is the ULTIMATE  food for me. 

That meal means A LOT to me.

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Please like this post, i feel so strongly about  :-)

Smoked sausage, potatoes, and fresh string beans,  with big chunks of onions, all boiled together! Topped with salt, pepper, butter.

It truly is the ULTIMATE  food for me. 

That meal means A LOT to me.

Do you have a can cooker?  Perfect meal for that. 

1 hour ago, Bionic said:

I'm not sure that I know what that is...

Googled it, is it a pressure cooker?

It is.  One of my favorite meals is smoked sausage, salt taters, corn, onions and shrimp cooked in it with a mountain dew and some spices.  Also like to add in green beans too.  Comes out great.  Was a big hit at the fishing/hunting trip this year.

IMG_20170923_211005553.jpg

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

It is.  One of my favorite meals is smoked sausage, salt taters, corn, onions and shrimp cooked in it with a mountain dew and some spices.  Also like to add in green beans too.  Comes out great.  Was a big hit at the fishing/hunting trip this year.

IMG_20170923_211005553.jpg

That looks stupid tasty...

I remember my dad using a pressure cooker growing up, for pot roasts, meals like that.  I thought pressure cookers were for tenderizing meats....I never would have thought to use it for sausage, and potatoes, foods like that.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ....rob said:

Comfort foods... For cold weather......  Homemade mac & cheese, homemade chili with ground beef and spicy Italian sausage, homemade soups, and of course the less popular homemade pot-pie. 

All of the above plus cheeseburgers and pizza!

• Like 1