Great NYS Dove Hunting News!!

2 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetails said:

They have tried to push this crap for years. Birdwatchers numbers alone against the bill will triple any hunter numbers for it I would guess. Shooting a Songbird? Yup. Probably won't go over well for most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are probably talking about us right now on the birdwatchers forums.  Lol

Yeah I suppose there is always someone for and someone against most anything. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Larry vs. Mike in a best of 3 series in 2018:

1. Best NY Spring Turkey

2. Best NY Buck

3. If tied 1-1, then first to kill a yote after dinner season wins!

I would take that if the price was right.  Top weight-Top score and numbers of Yotes.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Larry -

In all the time I've been here, I've never seen FSW promote anything for the general good. He is totally self serving. I only respond to his provocations when I suspect new members are unaware of his proclivities.

We could all just agree that FSW is BETTER at EVERYTHING, than EVERYONE else, and be done with all the BS. But then, we wouldn't be nearly as entertained by all the braggadocio. Does shooting "baby bucks," doves, or anything else, make you less of a hunter, or person? I tend to not think so. To each their own. There is no doubt, that I will never measure up to the expectations of some. That's ok by me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Curmudgeon said:

Larry -

In all the time I've been here, I've never seen FSW promote anything for the general good. He is totally self serving. I only respond to his provocations when I suspect new members are unaware of his proclivities.

But then none of the mouths on here step up for the challenge?  The is cockyness and then there is confidence... there is a difference.  I have no problem backing up any words but seems like others just like to talk the talk .

You have to remember this is a hunting site and all you ever put on here is about protecting the Vermin and birds and have never put anything on here about hunting. Said it a long time ago that you are more a part of PETA than any hunting group.

We all know you are just sad that i kill and promote the killing of the useless vermin you so much love to feed and save.

If you would ever like to step up and take the challenge maybe you could prove me wrong?  Offer is open!

1 hour ago, grampy said:

We could all just agree that FSW is BETTER at EVERYTHING, than EVERYONE else, and be done with all the BS. But then, we wouldn't be nearly as entertained by all the braggadocio. Does shooting "baby bucks," doves, or anything else, make you less of a hunter, or person? I tend to not think so. To each their own. There is no doubt, that I will never measure up to the expectations of some. That's ok by me. 

Thanks.  I guess we all must know our limitations.  Some of us dont get a thrill out of killing baby animals or Songbirds.

I was checking one of the doves that was sitting on the wire that hold the bird feeder. Then I tried to imagine the thing without any feathers. Then I tried to imagine how hungry I would be if I had to dine on a couple of them. I have no problem with anyone hunting them, but I can't see wasting any of my time campaigning for a season. Good luck to all of you that want to put in the time to fight for a hunt for a couple of bites of dove meat, but I would sooner go to the store and pick up one of those Cornish game hens. I just think I am simply one who has too big an appetite.....lol.

• Like 2

Its predictable the way the same couple of anti dove/small game members post almost word for word the same responses to these threads every single time. It really isn't even worth responding to them because they truly do not matter.

Good luck to those trying to get it done and their tireless efforts to expand hunting.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Its predictable the way the same couple of anti dove/small game members post almost word for word the same responses to these threads every single time. It really isn't even worth responding to them because they truly do not matter.

Good luck to those trying to get it done and their tireless efforts to expand hunting.

IAM not anti nothing I just said it wasn't for me ...I don't belittle what anyone else wants to do..But on a different note I would wrather see them bring back year round coyote seaseon to but people will argue that .

Edited by silent death
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Kinda like the same predictable response others give to those same members that dont believe there should be a season on Songbirds in any state.

Year after Year the same outcome will be seen. More would rather enjoy Songbirds than kill them.  maybe they should put their effort into getting an open season on the Vermin that killed all the game birds and then they might be able to get small game back in the state to hunt so they wont have to make up a Songbird season so they have something to hunt.

3 hours ago, Four Season Whitetails said:

Songbirds at a bird feeder?  Huh..What a concept.  Nice Pics!

These aren't songbirds at a feeder. They are woodpeckers at a feeder. The feeder is deer carcasses. Funny, you suggest I support PETA in a conversation where I am supporting opening a season on doves. It's clear you don't make any sense. That is the only thing people need to point out so the new folks don't take you seriously.

IMG_0745.thumb.JPG.db7ecc35850f629f57d1511a95d52d82.JPG

• Like 1

These aren't songbirds at a feeder. They are woodpeckers at a feeder. The feeder is deer carcasses. Funny, you suggest I support PETA in a conversation where I am supporting opening a season on doves. It's clear you don't make any sense. That is the only thing people need to point out so the new folks don't take you seriously.

IMG_0745.thumb.JPG.db7ecc35850f629f57d1511a95d52d82.JPG

You also show up on a hunting website and have never show or talk hunting but always show your save the vermin pictorial. New folks can pick out the hunters on the site as they can pick out the weekend warriors that try and pretend that they can talk hunting and then guys like you that have no hunting at all.

Just as they can see what pics were spoken about!

36 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I got a better idea. Everyone throws In some money and we send Larry and FSW to Argentina for a dove hunt. Whoever shoots more in a day is the King!

I can do better than that....

They come up with airfare and their own flats of shells; I'll buy a high volume hunt @ SCI for a party of 4 and pay for the trip part.

Did a ridiculous 3 day red eye flights to Uruguay shoot some years ago and had a hell of a fun time. 

• Like 2