Local Snowmobile Ride

Around here unless getting up into mountains we've had a thin base on the sled trails.  With this last storm Grayson that came up the coast we got some more.  Brutal cold and wind.  Still made it out though and had a great ride locally.  83 ish mile ride yesterday.  anyone else getting out? some areas in NY have better trails and much more snow than here in the hudson valley.

• Like 1

Just around my land, I'm too cheap the register and insure them. My son has had two different sleds given to him, one we are going to sell to flip into a different one.

He has no need for a piped, clutched triple 700 at 14 and I have no desire to change plugs when it fouls from not getting beat on. It is damn fast though.

I had an XCR700 triple with triple pipes.  I agree not the sled for a 14 yr old.  honestly it sucked on gas and was a handful in anything but more open trails. I took it on a bypass highway still under construction and up to Canada on open rail beds. I'm sure its fast.  even a little older and level headed if the HP is there you're tempted.

3 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

Not good. lol  i'd take them somewhere at that point or take them back and bring them somewhere else.  expensive though. hoping my walker evans shocks hold up for a while longer.

My last 3 sleds had walker Evans , I got a suspension guy that always does my bikes and sleds , I just never took them in.

I rode from cuba to rushford ny sat thru the hanging bog was neg 15 when I got home at 1230am sunday

Rode from Hinsdale to Cuba Fri night on trail system

Rode alleghany state park Sunday 12 to 5

All trails were nice enough to ride and enough snow to be open...not perfect but enough for me

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Rode while going to college in Oswego, loved it put on about 1000 miles/year. Had a 2004 ZL600 EFI esr had remote start and the works. Had a wiseco top end, clutched, reed spacers, geared, reeds. Had the oil turned down to a 60:1 she ran up there with the 700's when she hooked up. My intention was to extend her to 144" but sold it after moving to the southern tier. Liked the sled a lot and always think about getting back into it but with the kids right now they aren't old enough to ride or drive so that will all have to wait.

54 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

Rode while going to college in Oswego, loved it put on about 1000 miles/year. Had a 2004 ZL600 EFI esr had remote start and the works. Had a wiseco top end, clutched, reed spacers, geared, reeds. Had the oil turned down to a 60:1 she ran up there with the 700's when she hooked up. My intention was to extend her to 144" but sold it after moving to the southern tier. Liked the sled a lot and always think about getting back into it but with the kids right now they aren't old enough to ride or drive so that will all have to wait.

My little guy will almost be 3 next winter,  I'm hoping to get my sled back together and see if he wants to do some laps around the yard and maybe a short trail ride . 

My little guy will almost be 3 next winter,  I'm hoping to get my sled back together and see if he wants to do some laps around the yard and maybe a short trail ride . 
My thoughts too. My daughter is 3.5 yrs old. Meeting in works to bring nys sled trail system closer to my door. There's something called "toasty tot handle bars" that are cool. If she likes it that much it might be a good investment.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Any snow we had here on the southern tier was gone after Monday and TUesday at latest still was only a few inches. I can't believe the people that actually got their sleds out and rode around. The small lakes will all be unfishable/not able to be travelled with all this rain on top of the ice and the large amounts of runoff. 

Edited by chas0218

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2018 at 2:37 PM, silent death said:

We Need more snow for me to ride my yamaha 700 with the ripsaw studded track rips stuff up without out a foot of snow...we have 2 skidoos to ride on though when there is only a little snow on the ground

I feel your pain , I have a 1 7/8 deep lug with 2 inch picks . With mods and the gearing it' still the fastest sled to 90 I've ever owned but it requires more snow then normal. It worked great when we all rode our MX track in the winter.

10 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Tree, about 20mph. Right ski got into deeper powder on a tight turn. Turned back to the left and it just pushed forward, hit the break and bam! rode back 15 miles with the left slide dangling on.

Been there before , i center punched a tree with my 04 proX 2 . I jumped off and rolled and heard the crash while rolling across the ground . In true polaris fashion ,i was still able to ride it back (slowly) , the exhaust was almost completely pinched off .