Who all trail rides their atv utv ?

Have rode Tall Pines and Demon Run. And all over our property and the neighbors each year. I enjoy riding with and on the neighbors, such beautiful properties. I like to putts around and cruise slow, not much for going fast anymore. Going to get the 2 youngest kids into Quads or bikes asap so we can ride as a family. The oldest already shows me up lol and Momma traded in her 125ttr for a 230 Crf. Shes is ready to kill it lol. Shes impressed me on a bike, damn good with a clutch. Especially for 5'2" lol  

Edited by LET EM GROW
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

Have rode Tall Pines and Demon Run. And all over our property and the neighbors each year. I enjoy riding with and on the neighbors, such beautiful properties. I like to putts around and cruise slow, not much for going fast anymore. Going to get the 2 youngest kids into Quads or bikes asap so we can ride as a family. The oldest already shows me up lol and Momma traded in her 125ttr for a 230 Crf. Shes is ready to kill it lol. Shes impressed me on a bike, damn good with a clutch. Especially for 5'2" lol  

Right there with you on not hauling  the mail on the trails, I don’t mind going along at a good pace but not so fast that I can’t enjoy looking at the scenery..

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Ive ridden tall pines alot, majestic in pa, kb and have done the snirt run a couple times and a dice run in limestone ny a few times. About 5 yrs ago went down to Hatfield mccoy trails. That was amazing definetly reccomend it to anyone that rides.

The snirt run is on our to do list, I have rode since I was a teenager, but my wife has only been ridding a few years. She’s getting more confident, so we are slowly doing more and more trails ..

Edited by rob-c

Just around the property doing maintenance kind of stuff. My 2011 sportsman has 270 miles on it if that tells you anything. Use it to launch the jetskis at the lake, spray roundup around the house and food plots, use it for spraying my grapes, apple trees, and house for insects. I need a SXS thinking one of those Kubotas would be nice for firewood and all. Miles are going to start to get racked up when I start plowing with it.

Edited by chas0218
  • Like 1

NY is terrible for atvs unless you own a lot of land. Just about everyone who rides a lot is pretty much forced to ride illegally at some point or another and it sucks that it has to be like that. We need a big trail system in this state very badly. Would be a great thing and I bet it would do the local small town economies some good.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dom said:

I haven't ridden in awhile,when I do its mostly for yard work and a slow ride down a few logging trails.My machine is old but works and drives well for 33 years old Honda Big Red 250 two wheel drive.

Gimme a shout if you ever need parts for it . My best friend has over 20 big reds at his house . He is in the process of restoring one of every model year back to show room condition and sells parts that he doesnt need to fund  the builds . It's a safe bet he'll have what you need.

18 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Gimme a shout if you ever need parts for it . My best friend has over 20 big reds at his house . He is in the process of restoring one of every model year back to show room condition and sells parts that he doesnt need to fund  the builds . It's a safe bet he'll have what you need.

Thank's this may turnout to be a road trip that I need to make in the spring.Iv'e had the idea for awhile to extend the back racks to be able to carry a work box that I built.

6 hours ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

NY is terrible for atvs unless you own a lot of land. Just about everyone who rides a lot is pretty much forced to ride illegally at some point or another and it sucks that it has to be like that. We need a big trail system in this state very badly. Would be a great thing and I bet it would do the local small town economies some good.

Where does our all our registration $$$$ go? It should go into a trail system. Which would be nice!

• Like 1

The biggest stumbling block for getting more NYS land access, from private property owners &/or trail (snowmobile) clubs to allow ATVs is when they are ridden. Think we will all agree an ATV in the right season or terrain conditions might tear-up an otherwise passable trail. I know the local snowmobile club spends lots of time/$$ on grooming & grading their trails in the off season. Last thing they want is to have the typical 2% that might tear up a trail, spoiling it for the other 98% that would respect the landowner's/club's property. JMO, I'd be willing, as a former landowner, to allow snowmobiles on my property, but not ATVs when I might also be on the property at the same time (spring->fall).

Another issue is just how few ATVs are actually registered, limiting the available funds for NYS to build trail systems. Betting few landowners that use their ATVs within their property actually register them. See the registration requirements; only exempt to register if an ATV is solely used for non-profit snow removal or agricultural purposes. Have to admit, I'm guilty! I'd be more than willing to register an ATV, IF there were areas or trail systems to ride it within a reasonable distance.

Sadly, in the mind's of our elected officials, this situation is really low on their priority list. Esp considering the majority of them are from the greater NYC area, so they have little to no support from their constituents to pursue (or fund) this issue.We can only hope...!

On 1/13/2018 at 9:45 PM, nyslowhand said:

The biggest stumbling block for getting more NYS land access, from private property owners &/or trail (snowmobile) clubs to allow ATVs is when they are ridden. Think we will all agree an ATV in the right season or terrain conditions might tear-up an otherwise passable trail. I know the local snowmobile club spends lots of time/$$ on grooming & grading their trails in the off season. Last thing they want is to have the typical 2% that might tear up a trail, spoiling it for the other 98% that would respect the landowner's/club's property. JMO, I'd be willing, as a former landowner, to allow snowmobiles on my property, but not ATVs when I might also be on the property at the same time (spring->fall).

Another issue is just how few ATVs are actually registered, limiting the available funds for NYS to build trail systems. Betting few landowners that use their ATVs within their property actually register them. See the registration requirements; only exempt to register if an ATV is solely used for non-profit snow removal or agricultural purposes. Have to admit, I'm guilty! I'd be more than willing to register an ATV, IF there were areas or trail systems to ride it within a reasonable distance.

Sadly, in the mind's of our elected officials, this situation is really low on their priority list. Esp considering the majority of them are from the greater NYC area, so they have little to no support from their constituents to pursue (or fund) this issue.We can only hope...!

Did you ever see how the majority of atv pilots go through mud? It's no wonder they wreck trails ,knee on the seat ,full throttle and fish tailing the back end. 

2 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Did you actually get out(drive) out of that pit? I would be worried about all the water pouring in that front end.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Front end doesnt matter except the radiator. The engine is in the middle. It was pulled out, as the frame got hung up on a rut.