How honest are you ?

Water Rat

Move the posted signs temporarily?! 

Sorry , I’m retrieving him  Sorta like doing 62 in a 55 zone. Being honest , bash me if you want. I’ve adhered to every hunting law in my life.  Here lies a question  What if you could see him farther   Say 50 yards ? 100 yards ? What if there’s snow to show positive evidence ? 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Grizz1219 said:

Nope... If you shot it on property you had permission on and you blood trailed it to there, can prove it... I would walk to a deer I could see and drag it back un-gutted, gut it on the property I had permission on.. 

Me too.

As a property owner, I do not call this trespassing. And I have been on both sides of this.

• Like 5

I'd get it ...gotta have respect for the animal ....sometimes posted signs are not where the owners property line is..when we bought our house and my neighbor had moved the property stake over 50ft passed his property line when we had a survey done we found out and fixed the issue

Edited by silent death
  • Like 1

It seems that we should still be able to apply common sense.  Walk the 10' and drag it back.  I would expect my neighbors to do the same and wouldn't gripe one bit.  If they can see their deer from the property line, they are free to go get it.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Grizz1219 said:

Nope... If you shot it on property you had permission on and you blood trailed it to there, can prove it... I would walk to a deer I could see and drag it back un-gutted, gut it on the property I had permission on.. 

This ^^

• Like 1

If I could see the deer from where I was standing at the property line , I would drag it back to the property I am allowed to hunt on . 

This past season I hit a deer that I thought was a doe . I tracked it all over some thick stuff . It went onto a neighbor's property that I have retrieval rights on . I called the land owner to let him know I was on his property . No problem . When I got back onto my SILs property , I decided to sit and wait as I was pushing a wounded deer . Got back on the blood trail and found the deer laying about 30 yards past the property line . It was a spike , not a doe. I dragged the deer back to my SILs side of the woods and didn't call the property owner whose number I had . Although the property isn't actually posted , I know that it is considered posted and I / we don't hunt on that property . 

For me , it would depend on who owns the property and do I know the owner .

Often Posted Signs are up and do not have any name or other information on them so there is no way to contact the owner to ask permission . 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

It seems that we should still be able to apply common sense.  Walk the 10' and drag it back.  I would expect my neighbors to do the same and wouldn't gripe one bit.  If they can see their deer from the property line, they are free to go get it.  

That would be my tactic.

I'd call the guy from his number on the sign first.

Me:-

"Hey..., Mr Joe Blow, are you at home right now"

Joe Blow-

"Yes I am, may I ask who's calling?"

Me-

"Thanks for taking my survey",lol :biggrin:

*wooly retrieves his deer 

• Like 11
  • Haha 5