How honest are you ?

Water Rat

Different neighbor; they’re actually a “hunt club” of sorts. One of the baiters.

As for the one that is on here maybe he can let you know about the help and access I’ve given him. I gave a buck back to another neighbor this yr but did not allow them access (opening morning of gun, they’d tracked him 4-500 yards on a gut hit) to the line and wanted to continue into our bedding. Nope; especially knowing the nature of the shot, distance traveled and the little blood found. His perfect hit on a big buck was called bs from the get go and proven to be a 1 yo shot through the intestines. Yet another set of kill em all neighbors... guessing those of you who aren’t courting your friends and try to uptick the NY norm can see where my frustrations come from.

Blaze orange skirted cheerleaders- roll call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If a deer I shot was visible from the property line and I didn't know the land owner , I would drag it back to the land I was hunting on . Otherwise , I would be leery about tracking across someone's property any distance . With my luck , I would I would have someone tapping me on the shoulder and putting handcuffs on me . :rolleyes:

Easy way to go about this is to get along with neighbors. Not always easy or possible but is by far the best method. My neighbor to the east I absolutely hate but every time I see him I wave and smile we have a good "neighborly" relationship he tells his friends to stay off my property and I stay off of his. He knows to text me if they need to track one and I do the same, not really for permission just as a heads up.

• Like 3

I remember a couple yrs back there was some thread a guy posted about taking his son hunting before he was of legal age and the wolves of this forum attacked him for being outside the law. I’m beyond baffled how many are now on the other side being okay with trespassing for their deer. Get the grease..... it’s time to cram hippos in crates. Wow

Legal shooting hours and posting doesn’t matter to the majority..... but everything else does. Why do so many care about ARs, etc then if you just pick and choose what laws you’re going to follow?

9 hours ago, gjs4 said:

There is a simple, proper, answer to this thread stemming from kindergarten. Do onto others as you’d like them to do onto you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed ..  if more people would live by this.  Unfortunately everyone is still not on the same page.. common sense goes a long ways.. I would  care less if a neighbor tracks a deer, recovers a Deer, or even shoots one on the other side of the fence.. I would not expect them to actively hunt my property or  sit on the line looking into our property though... 

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:56 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

I didn’t think the DEC had that right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was always told a DEC officer has the most legal authority of any cops. I have seen Dec. pull into a guys yard & drive right up to him while he was cutting his grass because they thought he might have been involved in a poaching  incident.

1 hour ago, hunter49 said:

I was always told a DEC officer has the most legal authority of any cops. I have seen Dec. pull into a guys yard & drive right up to him while he was cutting his grass because they thought he might have been involved in a poaching  incident.

Ive heard that too but i still am pretty sure they cant force you to let someone on your land, or go on and drag a dead deer off for someone. Ive seen this hashed out on other sites. Some have said they could possibly charge the landowner with wanton waste but thats a tough one to make stick in that situation. The landowner didnt kill the deer

Ive heard that too but i still am pretty sure they cant force you to let someone on your land, or go on and drag a dead deer off for someone. Ive seen this hashed out on other sites. Some have said they could possibly charge the landowner with wanton waste but thats a tough one to make stick in that situation. The landowner didnt kill the deer

They cannot. They legally cannot remove the deer unless there is suspect cause either. Essentially they don’t need a warrant for entry- no super powers beyond that. Many of the eco s hunt and they’re at most going to ask why and/or make suggestions. No mortal fixes bad neighbors or access.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:53 PM, moog5050 said:

So what did you do Water Rat? 

Like many have said , I grabbed him and dragged him back over the property line. However , this wasn't your "typical" landowner. This property is owned by The Fresh Air Fund / Sharpe Reservation and is heavily posted and patrolled by the Dutchess County Sheriffs Office. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. Some of the members might know of the place I'm talking about.

Like many have said , I grabbed him and dragged him back over the property line. However , this wasn't your "typical" landowner. This property is owned by The Fresh Air Fund / Sharpe Reservation and is heavily posted and patrolled by the Dutchess County Sheriffs Office. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. Some of the members might know of the place I'm talking about.

Ha- we take our 6th and 9th graders there every year for team building courses(high ropes and low obstacles). I found a dead-head 4 point there this year and of course took it home to donate to the science classroom. Always see deer there and mentioned to our guide that i hunt and would happily help remove the nuisance from the property. You would have thought I suggested starting a forest fire or chaining up my class like the California family does by her reaction to my proposal.
Watch your A$$!