I just came across an interesting web site. It has consolidated GIS maps for the entire state, so you don't have to look for each county's GIS map. It also shows property boundaries, property owner name (address with "pro" version), soil types, soil quality rating, crops grown, and land utilization categories. It is aimed at farmland investors, I would suspect, but I think it is also a valuable tool for hunters, investors and farmers. I would encourage you to look up the land you hunt and or farm and comment on the info it provides. For my land, it was way off on the crops grown and % utilization. It was almost as if it was extrapolating or averaging from the surrounding farms. But the boundaries looked good. One quirk, it seemed to slightly overestimate acreage size for the parcels I checked out. Still, even if you just use it for parcel maps/boundaries lines, it's a nice one-stop shop. Check it out.

https://www.acrevalue.com/map/NY/

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I have been using HuntStand to find land owners . Huntstand doesn't give a property ID for Wayne County . Acre Value does . It looks like a very handy tool to uses . Thanks for posting it . 

I used to always pay the 29$ for ONXMAPS app to have the Wayne county property lines/owners. And just recently,(2 weeks ago) I re instated my ONXMaps app for the year. Had I seen this, I would have not purchased the app again. lol. Thanks goos!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, chas0218 said:

Don't take the lines as gospel they are off a little for my properties in Wayne county but being able to see them is a plus compared to the old survey maps then making an overlay.

They are dead nuts on the few neighboring properties that were surveyed here in Steuben County. Owners that had property thought their lines went right to the hedge row, surveyors had the property lines in places up to 30 yards away from hedge rows. Several un happy campers after that was done..

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Jelf
      The following map link displays boundaries for the NY Wildlife Management Units.  This map will always be up-to-date since the data comes straight from a GIS (Geographical Information System) server operated by the state.  You can also turn various other GIS overlay layers on/off and change the stacking order.

http://www.mappingsupport.com/p/gmap4.php?ll=42.616023,-76.060753&z=7&t=m,Wildlife_management_unit&q=http://www.propertylinemaps.com/p/public_land_map/state/NY/NY_trail_public_land.txt

To display the list of basemaps and GIS overlay layers, click the button (upper right corner) that is showing the name of the current basemap.  Click the overlay layers to turn them on/off.  The first layer you turn on will be #1 and at the bottom of the stack.  The last layer you turn on will have the highest number and be at the top of the stack.

Be patient.  Some GIS overlay layers might take a short time to appear on your screen depending on how busy the server is when you ask it for data.

If you open this map with a smartphone or tablet, then you will automatically see a touch-friendly interface.

If you are hunting on any of the public land shown on the map and there is cell service, then you can:
      Open the above link with your smartphone
      Do Menu ==> My location
      The map will center at your position and display a symbol that will follow you just like a dedicated GPS unit.  This will help you stay on the public land.

To see high resolution topo maps, zoom in a bunch and then change the basemap to “t4 Topo High”.

To see the map legends, click the "About this map" link in the upper left corner then scroll down a bit for links to the map legends.

The "About" page also has a link to tips for using the map.  You can search, change the coordinate format, display a UTM grid and a lot more.  If you want to get the most out of the map please take a few moments to read the “Tips”.  They are written in plain English since I never did learn how to write computer babble-speak.

The overlay layer titled “Point of interest” includes different symbols for campgrounds, picnic areas, etc.  This layer also has a lot of other information and will take a short time to appear on your screen.  These symbols are easiest to see if you change the basemap to “All white basemap”.

Yes, the map works offline but you have to give it some help.  Please see this pdf file:
      http://www.mappingsupport.com/p/help_files/gmap4_offline.pdf

The map is displayed by Gmap4 which is an enhanced Google map viewer.  Full disclosure time: I am the developer of the Gmap4 browser app.  It is used by people that enjoy all kinds of outdoor recreation.  

Here is the recipe for making your own custom Gmap4 map link:
      1.  Pick the basemap you want
      2.  Turn on the GIS layers you want.  Remember, the layers are stacked from bottom to top as you turn them on.
      3.  Adjust the panning and zooming
      4.  Click Menu ==> Link to this map
      The link that is displayed will reproduce the map you see on your screen.

This map is part of a project I am doing to make Gmap4 links that show GIS recreation information at both the federal and state level.  Here is the homepage for this project where you will find links to the other maps that have already been produced and the next state that will be processed.
      http://www.propertylinemaps.com/p/public_land_map.html

Joseph, the Gmap4 guy