Favorite Base Layer

Drew2255

I do a lot of treestand hunting, so really when not moving I try to get the best rated stuff I can. Unfortunately it leads to a good sweat on the way in which has forced me to change my approach. Often jacket off or unziped and hat off or a slower walk. Boot temp ratings especially don't mean anything when you have been sitting motionless for 3 hours haha.

I like these Gildan 47400 Tech Performance Long Sleeve T-Shirt G474 or something similar against my skin, poly material will wick the sweat away, sweat and being wet is what will make you cold once you stop moving. Wear your wool or Polartec type shirts layered over the top of these along with a good coat and you will be good to go.

Al

s-l1600 (7).jpg

I bought this scentblocker 1/4 zip base layer that is close to wool weight and is nice and warm. I use it as a base layer during late season only because walking around with it on I will sweat almost instantly. My lower half is dressed with polypro late season and weather proof for early season. Either way with my bibs,base layer, and fleece pants I'm plenty warm for 3 or 4 hour sits even in sub zero. The problem is usually my feet or hands get cold then go numb.

underarmour moisture wicking stuff followed by some good merino wool. then a few more layers that all serve a purpose. I've spent more money on good gear to stay in the field longer and more flexible and comfortable than just about anything. 
Ditto. I have 2 different UA bases always followed by 1 of 2 different scentblocker merino layers.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk