Biz-R-OWorld 2018 Season

BizCT

You need to do some predator hunting

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yea it’s funny because usually I only get a handful of pics all season, but all of sudden they everywhere. Hopefully the one my dad hit Saturday died

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11/21: dad hunted dark to dark and saw a spike and a big red fox.

I got out there 330-430 but saw nothing. Brutal wind.

We always hunt TG morning but tomorrow looks horrible with wind and cold, so I think we will pass and hunt Friday morning in very cold (but less wind).

11/23:

Dad hunted dark to dark and saw 1 deer (couldn’t see head) in the morning.

I hunted till 10am and then 2-dark and saw nothing. Talked to neighbor today and they have been there for 30+ years and never had a year this slow. It’s only our 3rd season here so I’m not overly concerned. Especially since the deer are still there (somewhere).

I’m not sure when I’ll hunt again. Losing the motivation but I’m sure dad will keep going strong.

11/29: while I was at work,

As I mentioned in live thread, Dad saw a 8pt as he was parking car trotting onto our land. He then saw 2 red fox in morning about an hour apart. Around 12pm he took a walk to eat lunch. He rested gun against a log and sat on a stone wall to eat PBnJ sandwiches. He ate one and just started his second one at 12:45pm when he looked over his shoulder and saw the same 8pt 30yards from him to his left. My dad doesn't wear his hearing aids when gun hunting so he's practically deaf. He's never heard a deer coming in his life. The buck was staring right at him so his slid sandwich into his pocket and tried to grab gun slowly but the buck started trotting in front of him and then away, by the time he got gun and shouldered it, the buck was running quartering away uphill. The deer ran about 100yds but the shot was only about 65yds because it crossed it on front of him and hopped a stonewall onto his side actually. So My dad aimed for far shoulder thru closer back hip and shot. The buck slowed down as he crested a hill and went over. My dad went right away to the top of the hill and before he could even look for Blood he saw the buck was down about 50 yards away. Slug went through the back hip and lodged in opposite front shoulder. The butcher dug it out for him. Most likely a 2.5 y/o. Neck was rutty and thick, and the deer looked very worn down according to the butcher.

Dad is done till ML/Xbow season to try for 2nd buck. I will give Saturday a shot (most likely my last hint of the season). Good news is that this buck is 100% not a buck we ever had on camera.

Of course, this also means I’ll never hear the end of why i should always hunt dark - dark lol. Yet again, my Dad strikes midday.

2dfb2c7825cf669f14d9223e186aa321.jpg

6025b8c458919355962ebeb7d239c38c.jpg

c1eec840738dbed30a2008c9b1df12f7.jpg

4b4133abe903b3a7349e8576384be50c.jpg

• Like 12

Biz don't give in just yet.Just think of it/this season as just a long train ride.So far I have yet to fill a tagg myself but not going to call it over till the end.GOOD LUCK!

I’m busy tomorrow and next weekend, so the 15th w/ Xbow would my last chance. Hopefully my Dad gets another good buck with ML/Xbow.

Found this great rub today. Gotta be the big 8.

f700d7bdbfd8c4c86f3a237634c93e8b.jpg

12/9: I hunted 130pm - dark and saw nothing. Very shitty season is over.

Dad will start with ML tomorrow. Last year he bought a ML but killed 2 bucks before ML season so he never used it. This year he’s only got 1 buck so he’ll be using it

• Like 1

Sorry you dad is in a lul right now. Maybe you can get out there with that magical Mathews that has shown no magic, but may start a spark in the late season?

A lull? He shot an 8pt then stopped hunting till he had a valid buck tag again