Wonderful Quote From The Late Charlie Alsheimer

Lawdwaz

Why do you raise these deer in that manner?

For the journey...to the bank to deposit big checks from shooters...sorry...hunters who pay much bank to hang antlers because they can’t JOURNEY like most (not a verifiable statement) that NY hunters actually experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crappyice said:

For the journey...to the bank to deposit big checks from shooters...sorry...hunters who pay much bank to hang antlers because they can’t JOURNEY like most (not a verifiable statement) if NY hunters actually experience.

Oh Look.. Someone else talking smack that has nothing to do with this thread.  You know what they say jealousy can do to a guy!

Did you ever see Charlies herd?

1 minute ago, First-light said:

No so why do you raise the whitetail on you property?

Whatever the reason it has nothing to do with my hunting or hunting's journey!   If you want people to think you know what your talking about you should stick to the thread without adding in your twist.

Why do you think Charlie raised whitetails on his property?

35 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Atta boy Goos! you did some real math there! pretty sure that neither of your options equal 100% but I’m an English teacher so who knows! Sounds like, “to each their own”

crappyice, I think what 4SW is saying (my interpretation; not meaning to put words in anyone's mouth) is that the raison d'etre of "deer hunting" or the "deer hunting industry" is the pursuit and harvest of big bucks. That's his thesis, as I understand it. Where I think things get controversial is if one interprets his position as saying the raison d'etre of "each and every deer hunter" is the pursuit and harvest of big bucks. While an argument can be made for the first statement, I think the second statement is not true and the underlying basis for all of the back and forth that's been going on (if one takes that interpretation).

Charlie lived just down from the road from us go easy here 

11 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetails said:

Whatever the reason it has nothing to do with my hunting or hunting's journey!   If you want people to think you know what your talking about you should stick to the thread without adding in your twist.

Why do you think Charlie raised whitetails on his property?

To study them have you ever stood next to one of his fences??

1 minute ago, First-light said:

Charlie lived just down from the road from us go easy here 

To study them have you ever stood next to one of his fences??

So you are saying he never bough or sold whitetails?

After you answer that lets get back to the original question of where high fence deer have anything to do with this thread or what i posted?

Again what does what i do with my deer have anything i wrote or anything to do with this thread?
2nd question?  What do you think Charlie did with his high fence whitetails?

I imagined he studied them? Patterned them? Figured out how various environmental factors impacted their behaviors? Observed their movements in relation to moon phase?
Your point? Oh it must be to learn all of this to harvest only large racked bucks. Or,could it possibly be to understand this animal in a better way than anyone else to then harvest an animal of the hunters’ choosing that meat(or is it meet?) THEIR desire(legally of course)?

2 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I imagined he studied them? Patterned them? Figured out how various environmental factors impacted their behaviors? Observed their movements in relation to moon phase?
Your point? Oh it must be to learn all of this to harvest only large racked bucks. Or,could it possibly be to understand this animal in a better way than anyone else to then harvest an animal of the hunters’ choosing that meat(or is it meet?) THEIR desire(legally of course)?

Yup he did that....Among other things.  So again what does any of this have to do with the thread? The Quote Or my reply?

6 hours ago, Four Season Whitetails said:

Your listening to your own brain farts again. Would like to see somewhere that proves your statement to any amount? I can prove you wrong in dozens of places. Dream On! Maybe if you pray just a little bit harder your thinking may come true.

We were talking about a great person married to our love of chasing the whitetail deer. please go on....

Oh Look.. Someone else talking smack that has nothing to do with this thread.  You know what they say jealousy can do to a guy!
Did you ever see Charlies herd?

Nothing to do with this thread?!? this hijacked thread is MY FAULT and I feel badly about that (except for the fact that you are seemingly exposing yourself as a self-promoting hypocrite-that’s not new though)

No I didn’t see Charlie’s herd. Does that mean that I shouldn’t think your propaganda about shooting only large racks is BS and NOT what NY hunters are about?

Nothing to do with this thread?!? this hijacked thread is MY FAULT and I feel badly about that (except for the fact that you are seemingly exposing yourself as a self-promoting hypocrite-that’s not new though)

No I didn’t see Charlie’s herd. Does that mean that I shouldn’t think your propaganda about shooting only large racks is BS and NOT what NY hunters are about?

Why yes....You bring up high fence deer in a thread that had nothing to do with high fence. Simple.

You should worry more about yourself than others and you would be better off.   Its pretty easy to see what 99% of this site alone is all about. Maybe you should go look at the trail cam threads or maybe read the tread about the hopes of hunters on here for the 2018 hunting season?  You brought up something in this thread and was proven you wrong. Deal with it!

1 minute ago, crappyice said:

Except that you derailed another thread to talk about YOUR small minded perspective on NY hunters

No you and the guy above did that by bringing up high fence deer and money.  Which neither were involved in this thread.

Thats On You.

Why yes....You bring up high fence deer in a thread that had nothing to do with high fence. Simple.
You should worry more about yourself than others and you would be better off.   Its pretty easy to see what 99% of this site alone is all about. Maybe you should go look at the trail cam threads or maybe read the tread about the hopes of hunters on here for the 2018 hunting season?  You brought up something in this thread and was proven you wrong. Deal with it!

Did you just point to a source that disproves the point you are trying to make? The 2018 Goals thread says more about THE EXPERIENCE of being out there than antlers. Actually I posted on there that I want my old dog to kick me another pheasant just one more time...but it has to be a pheasant with a massively beautiful tail, right?
What’s is it you put on that thread..to make people feel that the legally harvested deer they were proud of was a mistake and damaging all of NY deer herds so they come to you for big horns?

Did you just point to a source that disproves the point you are trying to make? The 2018 Goals thread says more about THE EXPERIENCE of being out there than antlers. Actually I posted on there that I want my old dog to kick me another pheasant just one more time...but it has to be a pheasant with a massively beautiful tail, right?
What’s is it you put on that thread..to make people feel that the legally harvested deer they were proud of was a mistake and damaging all of NY deer herds so they come to you for big horns?

Oh Look.....There ya go again...Why would anyone come to me for big horns?  I dont have hunts?   Now go back and count the number of guys that made statements about trying/wishing/working on killing a big deer. Plenty.