Wonderful Quote From The Late Charlie Alsheimer

Lawdwaz

On 1/10/2018 at 10:17 PM, First-light said:

So true! I posted his death on another hunting website. I didn't get one reaction to it. So sad the younger generation needs to read a bit more and learn about these beautiful animals and Charlie's studies. 

on pages i'm associated with we've shared the hell out of it.

• Like 1

As far as Charlie goes, I have mixed feelings. I appreciate all he had done in the study of Whitetail but have a sour taste in my mouth that he seemed to be all about the almighty dollar as a first priority. I know a not for profit that reached out looking for 3 photos  that were the same buck (verifiable) from spike to 3-1/2 year old. Not genetic manipulation. He had them. They were going to be used for education and conservation usage and the three photos had a price tag of $750.  That spoke about the "man" enough for me. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

As far as Charlie goes, I have mixed feelings. I appreciate all he had done in the study of Whitetail but have a sour taste in my mouth that he seemed to be all about the almighty dollar as a first priority. I know a not for profit that reached out looking for 3 photos  that were the same buck (verifiable) from spike to 3-1/2 year old. Not genetic manipulation. He had them. They were going to be used for education and conservation usage and the three photos had a price tag of $750.  That spoke about the "man" enough for me. 

True story. I have the same mixed feelings.

6 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

i mean i get it, that stuff was his livelihood.  not sure where you'd draw the line, but i agree the situation you mentioned was for a noble cause.  seemed off to our group too. regardless, someone else stepped up with another set that is being used quite a bit, including on a 4-H Shooting Sports trailer traveling throughout the state. he was a God fearing man though, did his part towards education, and seemed to be a genuine person if you met him. little if any bitter feelings here.

17 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

i mean i get it, that stuff was his livelihood.  not sure where you'd draw the line, but i agree the situation you mentioned was for a noble cause.  seemed off to our group too. regardless, someone else stepped up with another set that is being used quite a bit, including on a 4-H Shooting Sports trailer traveling throughout the state. he was a God fearing man though, did his part towards education, and seemed to be a genuine person if you met him. little if any bitter feelings here.

I met him on 3 occasions. Like I said, mixed feelings. 

That's the stuff!  I don't buy your "facts" as proof.  I know that's hard for you to understand.  You don't speak for any hunters that I know.  Maybe NY is driven by horns, I couldn't say.  It sure as heck isn't in VT.  You can stand on your soap box all day, but repeating yourself doesn't make your Kool Aide true.  As a farmer, business owner, and veteran, I'm secure enough in my manhood to call your line of BS what it is.  Stick with the playground mentality, it suits you.

• Like 1

I think fsw/rwh has alot of knowledge on whitetails and hunters. He is not wrong on his assessment nor correct.  We all are after multiple things when we hunt, not just one specific thing. I personally enjoy his knowledge of whitetails and would like to pick his brain. I have taken 2 nice bucks and had both mounted. Another one European done. The rest are on the outside of my garage for the neighborhood to see. About 18 buck in all. I have a spot I have tried to kill a mature deer at for about 3 years with no success.  I would love insite. Mature deer are there

20171126_102058.jpg

20171126_103352.jpg

• Thanks 1

fsw/rwh is simply going off the deep end, because he realizes that the big antler craze has started to slow down and more and more folks are "settling" for smaller bucks to get some meat and put a little enjoyment back in the hunt.   There were a minimum of three instances of that by prolific posters on this site alone last fall.  It is hard to ignore the evidence when it is all right there for all of us to see.  He has exactly zero evidence from this site to back his claim that it is ALL antlers for 99 % of hunters.  It is getting to be more and more about the meat these days.  

It is no wonder fsw/rwh is now behaving irrationally with the name change, etc.  He has made it very clear how his livelihood is dependent on the antler craze, and it has to be sad seeing that start to go away.  I for one am very thankful that we still have him and a few other "real" trophy hunters toughing it out here in NY, rather than heading off to greener pastures in states which cater to horn-hunters.  I am sure that there have been and will be times when those "baby-bucks" they pass on are all that prevents me from eating more store-bought chicken.  

Thanks again folks.                  

Edited by wolc123

6 hours ago, Real World Hunter said:

Did that last night for the few secret admirers that keep talking about and showing pic;s of my animals and money they bring.

Glad someone caught it!

Oh you're so full of baloney...........You're afraid that the name of your business "Four Seasons Whitetails" is going to be Googled/Bing/Yahoo and people are going to see the crap you spew and figure, "wow, this guy runs a business and we MIGHT buy some product from him, thus we'd be associated with his name?" That could be detrimental to a long term business plan for the family.  Thus, the name change.  Nice play Shakespeare..........

For eternity your business name (Four Seasons Whitetails) will be associated with threads like this.  A thread that YOU have brought so far off course so you could promote your business.

http://www.nydefa.org/profiles.php?i=201&g=220&p=1

Who or what prompted you to make the big change, your wife or other family member?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Oh you're so full of baloney...........You're afraid that the name of your business "Four Seasons Whitetails" is going to be Googled/Bing/Yahoo and people are going to see the crap you spew and figure, "wow, this guy runs a business and we MIGHT buy some product from him, thus we'd be associated with his name?" That could be detrimental to a long term business plan for the family.  Thus, the name change.  Nice play Shakespeare..........

For eternity your business name (Four Seasons Whitetails) will be associated with threads like this.  A thread that YOU have brought so far off course so you could promote your business.

http://www.nydefa.org/profiles.php?i=201&g=220&p=1

Who or what prompted you to make the big change, your wife or other family member?

This post shows how Fing stupid you really are.   If you could pay attention to a post you would see the post Feathers wrote about Antlerville as a hometown which was in fact changed last night from Jefferson.  You are clueless to the point that i changed the sign in name today after its apparent i am the only one hunting in the Real World.  I guess Goose is starting to catch on a bit with his research.   

You also are so full of shit about 1st the fact that i brought any thread off stray. You made a quote from a guy that at one time had nothing but antlers on his mind and i made the comment that many others do also.

If you could read you would look at First and Crappy posts and see who brought my farm into the picture AGAIN with talk of how big my deer are and how much money i make.   My farm name will never change and really do you think my business has ever or will ever gain or loss any income from this site?   Dont fool yourself, Nothing you or anyone else  on this site could ever effect my business in any negative way. 

You need to brighten up if you are going to try and match up!

2 hours ago, stubborn1VT said:

That's the stuff!  I don't buy your "facts" as proof.  I know that's hard for you to understand.  You don't speak for any hunters that I know.  Maybe NY is driven by horns, I couldn't say.  It sure as heck isn't in VT.  You can stand on your soap box all day, but repeating yourself doesn't make your Kool Aide true.  As a farmer, business owner, and veteran, I'm secure enough in my manhood to call your line of BS what it is.  Stick with the playground mentality, it suits you.

Yeah and keep showing you cant even pay attention long enough to just go look at post after post about hunters on this site talking nothing but big bucks.

That crack on hit list only a Tv thing can be proven wrong numerous times if you wanted to see it.

2 hours ago, Just Lucky said:

I think fsw/rwh has alot of knowledge on whitetails and hunters. He is not wrong on his assessment nor correct.  We all are after multiple things when we hunt, not just one specific thing. I personally enjoy his knowledge of whitetails and would like to pick his brain. I have taken 2 nice bucks and had both mounted. Another one European done. The rest are on the outside of my garage for the neighborhood to see. About 18 buck in all. I have a spot I have tried to kill a mature deer at for about 3 years with no success.  I would love insite. Mature deer are there

20171126_102058.jpg

20171126_103352.jpg

LOL....Some of these weekend warriors that hunt maybe 10 days a year and have never killed a buck over 100 inches would be the guys that want you to listen to their hunting skills.  And they call themselves hunters.   You know the ones that enjoy the journey of killing the first yearling or fawn that steps out.   You want to kill big deer you need to hang with proven hunters with multiple big deer under their belt and accept nothing less. You then will kill those mature bucks on your property.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolc123 said:

fsw/rwh is simply going off the deep end, because he realizes that the big antler craze has started to slow down and more and more folks are "settling" for smaller bucks to get some meat and put a little enjoyment back in the hunt.   There were a minimum of three instances of that by prolific posters on this site alone last fall.  It is hard to ignore the evidence when it is all right there for all of us to see.  He has exactly zero evidence from this site to back his claim that it is ALL antlers for 99 % of hunters.  It is getting to be more and more about the meat these days.  

It is no wonder fsw/rwh is now behaving irrationally with the name change, etc.  He has made it very clear how his livelihood is dependent on the antler craze, and it has to be sad seeing that start to go away.  I for one am very thankful that we still have him and a few other "real" trophy hunters toughing it out here in NY, rather than heading off to greener pastures in states which cater to horn-hunters.  I am sure that there have been and will be times when those "baby-bucks" they pass on are all that prevents me from eating more store-bought chicken.  

Thanks again folks.                  

You dont have to worry about very many Real Hunters killing your fawns and baby bucks. Until Ny ever puts Ar in all of Ny and then your screwed and stuck with doe's and fawns.  That lets you earn your name as a Hunter. 

14 minutes ago, Real World Hunter said:

This post shows how Fing stupid you really are.   If you could pay attention to a post you would see the post Feathers wrote about Antlerville as a hometown which was in fact changed last night from Jefferson.  You are clueless to the point that i changed the sign in name today after its apparent i am the only one hunting in the Real World. 

Don't care about Antlerville.

You changed your name to deflect attention from your business.  Good move; associating your Four Seasons Whitetail business to such nastiness would be detrimental to longevity.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Don't care about Antlerville.

You changed your name to deflect attention from your business.  Good move; associating your Four Seasons Whitetail business to such nastiness would be detrimental to longevity.

HaHaHa...Yeah Right.  What can anything on this site ever have anything to do with my business?   Trust me if all these people you say read these words are not into Big racked healthy bucks shown what they can look like at young age's they would not have anything to do with a business that grow's, Sell's and promotes nothing but hunters taking big mature animals instead of shooting baby bucks.

If what you think is true about lack of interest in high scoring deer on this site then you would not have anything to worry about. 

Wait 30 days and i will change it to something else.  Glad you made a fool of yourself by quoting something you were clueless about.   Good One!

For a second I was happy for you that someone else (real world hunter)came to support you...oops-nope-just you.
Believe it or not I think you have something to offer (as do each member here willing to share their experience)this site with all of your time spent with deer. My only issue has been with your sanctimonious, “my way or it’s the wrong way” approach. I would just rather you share helpful information about deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1