Wonderful Quote From The Late Charlie Alsheimer

Lawdwaz

I've always noticed that towards the end of a tough season, and after, it gets interesting on here. I can appreciate the emotional investment in the forum however.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Not many threads end with doves and olive branches on this forum.

We have a polarized positions and mob mentality on this forum to like professional wrestling proportions. Keyboard warriors, self proclaimed pros and lots of uneducated “can’t change my Norm” screamers haunt these halls. We even have threadcrapping in classified ads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have a polarized positions and mob mentality on this forum to like professional wrestling proportions. Keyboard warriors, self proclaimed pros and lots of uneducated “can’t change my Norm” screamers haunt these halls. We even have threadcrapping in classified ads.

WWCD.

On 1/17/2018 at 8:18 AM, dbHunterNY said:

i'm just reading through and commenting where i feel like it. I don't think antler score is readily reported in VT.  recorded would be a more accurate term.  126" is a nice buck especially in VT, but i know for a fact that there are others substantially bigger than that taken both that year and last year.  i also know of hunters there who have hit lists with bucks that big. most on private land but not all of them. asking to see proof of them though is equivalent to talking to a wall. you aren't getting anything. carry on!

All deer are reported in VT, unless they're poached. Antler score isn't reported. I'm just going by the VT Big Game Trophy Club.  I was also speaking from personal experience, and I don't know guys with hit lists.  VT may be behind the times, but meat is important to the hunters I know.  It is my opinion that antlers are not the driving factor for most hunters.  I'm really glad you know guys with hitlists.  I don't.  The area I hunt has very few bucks over 2.5 and having a hitlist is kind of silly.  I don't understand your last 3 sentences.  

On 1/19/2018 at 6:52 AM, stubborn1VT said:

All deer are reported in VT, unless they're poached. Antler score isn't reported. I'm just going by the VT Big Game Trophy Club.  I was also speaking from personal experience, and I don't know guys with hit lists.  VT may be behind the times, but meat is important to the hunters I know.  It is my opinion that antlers are not the driving factor for most hunters.  I'm really glad you know guys with hitlists.  I don't.  The area I hunt has very few bucks over 2.5 and having a hitlist is kind of silly.  I don't understand your last 3 sentences.  

they about don't have hitlists for the fame and materialistic glory you see on hunting shows.  more for hunters hunting the same ground together to be on the same page and let each other know what's around.  if you have very few bucks over 2.5 then it seems logical the goals of hunters around you are pretty simple and more open to whatever walks by.

intent wasn't to debate your situation. just throwing what i know out there and saying VT isn't as bad as some make it sound. i know typed things can come across differently in person. i'm an engineer.  almost all my posts probably come across as 'a matter of fact' like from lack of social skills.  "I'm really glad you know guys with hitlists.  I don't." .....posts like that though.  i mean WTF? we're all hunters with a goal of enjoying deer hunting in our own way that allows us to do it in the future.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

they about don't have hitlists for the fame and materialistic glory you see on hunting shows.  more for hunters hunting the same ground together to be on the same page and let each other know what's around.  if you have very few bucks over 2.5 then it seems logical the goals of hunters around you are pretty simple and more open to whatever walks by.

intent wasn't to debate your situation. just throwing what i know out there and saying VT isn't as bad as some make it sound. i know typed things can come across differently in person. i'm an engineer.  almost all my posts probably come across as 'a matter of fact' like from lack of social skills.  "I'm really glad you know guys with hitlists.  I don't." .....posts like that though.  i mean WTF? we're all hunters with a goal of enjoying deer hunting in our own way that allows us to do it in the future.

I get what you're saying about hitlists, also what you're saying about how our posts are read/perceived.  My social skill are obviously lacking in some areas.  If you look back at the thread the tone had already taken a turn for the worse.  That doesn't mean I should direct my annoyance at you.  There are alot of differences between NY and VT.  Vermont isn't so bad, but it's limited in alot of ways.  It will never be western NY.  

We do lose sight of the fact that we're all hunters.  It is something I should keep in mind when people on here irritate me.  I just think we all put too much value on our experiences and forget how limited they are in comparison to the great big world of hunting.

"...post like that though.  I mean WTF?"  Seems a little sensitive to me, but I guess it's all in how you read it.  

19 hours ago, stubborn1VT said:

I get what you're saying about hitlists, also what you're saying about how our posts are read/perceived.  My social skill are obviously lacking in some areas.  If you look back at the thread the tone had already taken a turn for the worse.  That doesn't mean I should direct my annoyance at you.  There are alot of differences between NY and VT.  Vermont isn't so bad, but it's limited in alot of ways.  It will never be western NY.  

We do lose sight of the fact that we're all hunters.  It is something I should keep in mind when people on here irritate me.  I just think we all put too much value on our experiences and forget how limited they are in comparison to the great big world of hunting.

"...post like that though.  I mean WTF?"  Seems a little sensitive to me, but I guess it's all in how you read it.  

lol.... nnaaa not really sensitive.  it probably came across that way and like i was picking you out of a crowd. just me thinking about countless conversations outside of these forums i've had during my involvement with hunting related organizations or clubs.  it's just crazy how firmly polarized hunters are on the means and methods of taking the game they pursue.  everyone has their reasoning.  i mean TV hunting shows are bashed like crazy on here and other places but in all honesty it's exposure that's brought some new hunters into the ranks. as over the top and ridiculous as some of them seem, i'd hate to know that they recruited a new hunter only for that hunter to get the hell out of dodge once they realize we're all a bunch of grumpy, opinionated, pricks that'd give them hell for the way they understand you've got to go about doing it.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2018 at 4:11 PM, TreeGuy said:

I've always noticed that towards the end of a tough season, and after, it gets interesting on here. I can appreciate the emotional investment in the forum however.

sometimes when things didn't go as plan it's easy to get angry and annoyed. Natural human emotion that we all need to work on. 

On 1/17/2018 at 6:02 PM, gjs4 said:

this is the internet in general.