Lawdwaz

Wonderful Quote From The Late Charlie Alsheimer

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:
  On 12/21/2017 at 9:29 AM,  landtracdeerhuntersaid: 
If those round bales were baled, net wrapped, and still on the field in the original drop spot since September, do you think it's a sin? Been quite the year for haying. I feel bad, LOL.


No somehow they find their way into the cedar swamp. There is a little slope in the field headed towards the cedars so maybe they rolled that mile

 

how bout that, more baiting 

Nope we always put our alfalfa bales on the edge of the ceders to keep the snow off them which makes it easier to get to them for us.

Next?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2018 at 8:44 AM, Belo said:

i didn't read any of the 4 pages, but super hunter wolc arguing with super hunter four season is a pretty damn hilarious concept. i'd watch the tv show!

It looks like we are up to 6 pages now.  I am mostly just a weekend hunter myself.  I have been very blessed that it has been easy to recognize the "Miracles from Heaven" that have enabled me to cleanly kill and recover all of the deer that I have shot at over the last 12 years.   I do not get a lot of chances, and I am willing to accept about a 10% chance of loss when I pull the trigger.  There is only one way to explain that  long stretch of 100% recovery, and I could not be more thankful that I know what it is.   I am also very thankful for all of the real super hunters, like four seasons, because the "baby bucks" they let go have often saved us from having to buy more chicken.  Actually, my wife and daughters like that but I don't care for it.  They do like venison a little better, which I am also very thankful for.  It is very nice when your wife and kids encourage you to spend more time hunting.   It sure beats standing in line at the grocery store.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2018 at 6:37 PM, Doewhacker said:
  On 12/21/2017 at 9:29 AM,  landtracdeerhuntersaid: 
If those round bales were baled, net wrapped, and still on the field in the original drop spot since September, do you think it's a sin? Been quite the year for haying. I feel bad, LOL.


No somehow they find their way into the cedar swamp. There is a little slope in the field headed towards the cedars so maybe they rolled that mile

 

how bout that, more baiting 

For those that don't have a clue; coming off one of the wettest summers in a number of years. Dam lucky just to cure and bale hay, let alone get it out of the field without ruining the field. Once you cut a rut with heavy equipment, that rut shows through many plowings in future years. If you think leaving round bales out along hedge rows( original drop spot)  is baiting, I sure not alone. Some people that usually shoot their mouth off , don't have a clue.

Now 7 pages cont.; LOL..

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

For those that don't have a clue; coming off one of the wettest summers in a number of years. Dam lucky just to cure and bale hay, let alone get it out of the field without ruining the field. Once you cut a rut with heavy equipment, that rut shows through many plowings in future years. If you think leaving round bales out along hedge rows( original drop spot)  is baiting, I sure not alone. Some people that usually shoot their mouth off , don't have a clue.

Now 7 pages cont.; LOL..

And if you think his bales rolled a mile into the cedars you are clueless. LOL

He is a law breaker and jokes about it all the time. Should I add another LOL? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Doewhacker said:

And if you think his bales rolled a mile into the cedars you are clueless. LOL

He is a law breaker and jokes about it all the time. Should I add another LOL? 

I joke about the laws you think i break when everything i do i have the law on my side.  Makes ya wonder why the DEC is not parked at my front gate huh.  Again you show how clueless you really are. You weekend warriors will never know the real world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetails said:

I joke about the laws you think i break when everything i do i have the law on my side.  Makes ya wonder why the DEC is not parked at my front gate huh.  Again you show how clueless you really are. You weekend warriors will never know the real world.

Well one of us is definitely out of touch with the real world. It ain’t me. 

Law breaking=looser

I doubt many folks were born yesterday and believe you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Doewhacker said:

Well one of us is definitely out of touch with the real world. It ain’t me. 

Law breaking=looser

I doubt many folks were born yesterday and believe you. 

Yup fools getting arrested every day for fessing up their law breaking sin's online yet here i am.   Sorry you dont have it as good as some of us that does what it takes to have it good.   It dont get any more real than it does it my world.  

I make sure it stays that way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yup fools getting arrested every day for fessing up their law breaking sin's online yet here i am.   Sorry you dont have it as good as some of us that does what it takes to have it good.   It dont get any more real than it does it my world.  
I make sure it stays that way!

Why are you the ONLY one on this forum in support of your theory? Of the 99% of NY hunters who are strictly out for large horns as you propose I would expect there would be more support for your narrative?
How high do the fences need to be to contain your deer? Just curious cuz I’ve seen some deer jump some serious heights.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are you the ONLY one on this forum in support of your theory? Of the 99% of NY hunters who are strictly out for large horns as you propose I would expect there would be more support for your narrative?
How high do the fences need to be to contain your deer? Just curious cuz I’ve seen some deer jump some serious heights.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am the only one that will admit the true facts. Look at every product made for hunting= Pic of big buck. Look at every Tv show= only kill big bucks. Everything involved in hunting involves big bucks just as most of the hunting population wakes up every morning with the dreams of a big buck showing up. Which is why big bucks hit the wall and little bucks hit the garage. It's all about the antlers and the total inches they add up to. To answer your other question my farm is double fenced with 10ft outside and 8ft in. Keeps my animals from touching any untested possible disease ridden animals on the outside.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetails said:


I am the only one that will admit the true facts. Look at every product made for hunting= Pic of big buck. Look at every Tv show= only kill big bucks. Everything involved in hunting involves big bucks just as most of the hunting population wakes up every morning with the dreams of a big buck showing up. Which is why big bucks hit the wall and little bucks hit the garage. It's all about the antlers and the total inches they add up to. To answer your other question my farm is double fenced with 10ft outside and 8ft in. Keeps my animals from touching any untested possible disease ridden animals on the outside.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Four Seasons Whitetails, with respect to your characterization of "deer hunting", I look at it as two different things. One is the "deer hunting industry" (companies and people that make money selling products) and the other is the deer hunters themselves. While I see you point on the deer hunting industry and its focus on promoting the pursuit of big bucks, I am not convinced that extrapolates to what motivates most individual hunters. I did a "Why do you hunt?" thread earlier this season, and there were a lot of people whose reasons/motivation for hunting was different or more than just the pursuit of big bucks. So I am not saying you are wrong with respect to the deer hunting industry, but I think your applying it to most individual hunters might be an oversimplification. Something to consider.

But let me ask you this, as far as deer hunting being all about the pursuit of big bucks, how long do you think it's been this way? Do you think that the modern industry has pushed things in that direction so they could convince hunters to buy more of their stuff? I mean, 50 years ago, were there all these hunting shows, hunting technology, hunting clothes, etc.? Maybe it's a natural evolution of the "sport" as the "need" to hunt for meat isn't what it used to be? Do you think this focus on big bucks has made it more or less easy for hunters to enjoy the act of hunting? How do you think the focus on big bucks has affected hunters' ability to recruit new hunters, particularly younger hunters, into hunting? Made it easier or harder? Lastly, obviously, the focus on big bucks has been very good financially to many companies, including yours, but might it be detrimental to deer hunting or the population of deer hunters in the long term? Just curious how you see those aspects of deer hunting in light of it being all about the antlers. Again, I am not disputing what you are saying, I am just trying to get a better understanding of how you think it relates to these aspects of deer hunting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, goosifer said:

Four Seasons Whitetails, with respect to your characterization of "deer hunting", I look at it as two different things. One is the "deer hunting industry" (companies and people that make money selling products) and the other is the deer hunters themselves. While I see you point on the deer hunting industry and its focus on promoting the pursuit of big bucks, I am not convinced that extrapolates to what motivates most individual hunters. I did a "Why do you hunt?" thread earlier this season, and there were a lot of people whose reasons/motivation for hunting was different or more than just the pursuit of big bucks. So I am not saying you are wrong with respect to the deer hunting industry, but I think your applying it to most individual hunters might be an oversimplification. Something to consider.

But let me ask you this, as far as deer hunting being all about the pursuit of big bucks, how long do you think it's been this way? Do you think that the modern industry has pushed things in that direction so they could convince hunters to buy more of their stuff? I mean, 50 years ago, were there all these hunting shows, hunting technology, hunting clothes, etc.? Maybe it's a natural evolution of the "sport" as the "need" to hunt for meat isn't what it used to be? Do you think this focus on big bucks has made it more or less easy for hunters to enjoy the act of hunting? How do you think the focus on big bucks has affected hunters' ability to recruit new hunters, particularly younger hunters, into hunting? Made it easier or harder? Lastly, obviously, the focus on big bucks has been very good financially to many companies, including yours, but might it be detrimental to deer hunting or the population of deer hunters in the long term? Just curious how you see those aspects of deer hunting in light of it being all about the antlers. Again, I am not disputing what you are saying, I am just trying to get a better understanding of how you think it relates to these aspects of deer hunting.

First off when it comes to the why we hunt thread many say they go for the calm, The friends, Nature, Family and just being out in the great outdoors. Correct?     Well every one of those can be completed without a weapon involved or any animals being killed. Fact!

Second its a fact that as most every hunter goes to bed and wakes in the morning with a head full of hope to kill the biggest beast in their woods. Fact!   They buy the best weapons, They spend 1000;s on land management and the equipment that goes along with it.  All in the pursuit and desire to kill a big buck.  1000;s of hunters put trail cam's out and make hitlist bucks----Always the biggest in the pictures with nary a word about the spike or 4pt in the pic. Again trying to find and pattern to accomplish the killing of a big buck. Fact.  

Third. More than half the hunters out there do not have what it takes to find and kill a big buck. Fact.  That means locate an animal in your hunting area and go out and "Hunt" that buck and kill it. Fact.   Most hunters start out with trying/hoping to kill a big buck and then settle for less. Fact   That in my book is a hunting world drivin by big bucks.   Many say its all about the meat and that may be their case but lets be honest...How much does it really take to kill just any deer?  Not much "Hunting" involved there. Go sit in woods and kill first deer. Done!

Deer hunting of the past is long gone. Todays hunter wants the biggest and best they can get and in the fastest amount of time possible. Hunters are willing and ready to pay top dollar for land to buy or lease so they have the best chance of killing big deer. A guy looking for meat will go to state land a kill the first animal seen.  The future of hunting will continue to be about killing big bucks and hunters spending big bucks to get it done. With the way the world is going there will come a time when hunters will have no choice but to buy land, Pay big money for a lease or hunt high fence. many like to be non believers but high fence hunting grows bigger and bigger every year where enough bucks cant be made to fill the demand.

Deer hunting and hunters will continue to drop and only those that put in will stay in. Non hunters will outnumber hunters and nothing but private lands will be open for hunters. 

Just the way it is but anyone who does not believe that most hunting and hunters are driven by all those pretty tine's and long beams that add up to inches are just fooling themselves.   Most want the biggest and settle for less and the biggest all get put out for the world to see while the smallest get tossed aside.

Edited by Four Season Whitetails
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am the only one that will admit the true facts. Look at every product made for hunting= Pic of big buck. Look at every Tv show= only kill big bucks. Everything involved in hunting involves big bucks just as most of the hunting population wakes up every morning with the dreams of a big buck showing up. Which is why big bucks hit the wall and little bucks hit the garage. It's all about the antlers and the total inches they add up to. To answer your other question my farm is double fenced with 10ft outside and 8ft in. Keeps my animals from touching any untested possible disease ridden animals on the outside.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good deal. Thank you for being the one NY hunter to stand alone and speak for us all(except for me and the rest of this forum!).
8’ and 10’ fence are enough...good to know. Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, crappyice said:


Good deal. Thank you for being the one NY hunter to stand alone and speak for us all(except for me and the rest of this forum!).
8’ and 10’ fence are enough...good to know. Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh there are quite a few on this forum that only post big buck trail cam pics and only harvest adult mature bucks. Not hard to see if one just look for it.

Yup it has been good enough for the last 25 years anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solid questions goos. Commercialization of the past time/necessity can certainly explain some of this craze. MAYBE, just maybe(as Lewis CK would say) someone found a way to make a buck (bad pun) off something (hunting) that has been and will always be just something to do to connect, to re-connect and to enjoy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oh there are quite a few on this forum that only post big buck trail cam pics and only harvest adult mature bucks. Not hard to see if one just look for it.
Yup it has been good enough for the last 25 years anyways.

And yet not a one has stood behind you in this thread as you have been bashed as a baiter, law breaker, etc. I am sorry you have so little support from the silent 99%.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, crappyice said:


And yet not a one has stood behind you in this thread as you have been bashed as a baiter, law breaker, etc. I am sorry you have so little support from the silent 99%.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont need support. Its all fact and will continue to be so.  So you just sit back and watch all the threads started of this big buck or that or all the pic's on the Trail cam thread of all those out there trying to get the jump on their next/first big buck.

Just sit back and watch the big buck push continue.  And i really hope you dont think that the little handful of the few on here show the true numbers.  Not Even Close!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I dont need support. Its all fact and will continue to be so.  So you just sit back and watch all the threads started of this big buck or that or all the pic's on the Trail cam thread of all those out there trying to get the jump on their next/first big buck.
Just sit back and watch the big buck push continue.  And i really hope you dont think that the little handful of the few on here show the true numbers.  Not Even Close!

Just so we are all clear:
422804ae6456aa60f2438005a934ac71.jpg
I am not quite sure that all you spew fits the definition of the word you so freely drop.
YOUR reality does not equal FACT. Nor is it even supported by those for which you protest to speak.
http://www.nydefa.org/profiles/upload/photos/lg/220-1460896517.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I dont need support. Its all fact and will continue to be so.  So you just sit back and watch all the threads started of this big buck or that or all the pic's on the Trail cam thread of all those out there trying to get the jump on their next/first big buck.
Just sit back and watch the big buck push continue.  And i really hope you dont think that the little handful of the few on here show the true numbers.  Not Even Close!

Just so we are all clear:
422804ae6456aa60f2438005a934ac71.jpg
I am not quite sure that all you spew fits the definition of the word you so freely drop.
YOUR reality does not equal FACT. Nor is it even supported by those for which you protest to speak.
http://www.nydefa.org/profiles/upload/photos/lg/220-1460896517.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just so we are all clear:
422804ae6456aa60f2438005a934ac71.jpg&key=dc24af597d0c183cb5b2b16c8f148b899c695c4c552ae737dca4cfa7ee217eef
I am not quite sure that all you spew fits the definition of the word you so freely drop.
YOUR reality does not equal FACT. Nor is it even supported by those for which you protest to speak.
http://www.nydefa.org/profiles/upload/photos/lg/220-1460896517.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell you want fact just go look at the trail cam pics and words that go with them in the months of Sept Oct and Nov and that will show you the true meaning of fact. And again you show your jealousy of my deer by going hunting looking for pics to post. Hell you want pics of real deer to drool over just say the word!82e7effe4da3069702cf71c5faad8416.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hell you want fact just go look at the trail cam pics and words that go with them in the months of Sept Oct and Nov and that will show you the true meaning of fact. And again you show your jealousy of my deer by going hunting looking for pics to post. Hell you want pics of real deer to drool over just say the word!82e7effe4da3069702cf71c5faad8416.jpg&key=bfc3384e9f220ce357b8cb48af50fbeaff226e8a85e773b9dfca41b2e4a3f6d1

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny, my woods look nothing like that. Anyone else on this site hunt a patch of woods that looks like that? What species of tree grows with horizontal wire between each trunk? Enjoy. That must be fun!

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny, my woods look nothing like that. Anyone else on this site hunt a patch of woods that looks like that? What species of tree grows with horizontal wire between each trunk? Enjoy. That must be fun!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that would make a lot of sense if this was a hunting ranch. Oh it is very fun and enjoying and as with every other post you bring up my farm or show pics of my farm in a thread that has nothing to do with farms shows just how jealous you really are. Keep up the good work for all to see. Here let me give you another to slobber over. Show ya what a real 2yr old can look like 1c160bf0a1e0aa118b09c694addb8c0e.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that would make a lot of sense if this was a hunting ranch. Oh it is very fun and enjoying and as with every other post you bring up my farm or show pics of my farm in a thread that has nothing to do with farms shows just how jealous you really are. Keep up the good work for all to see. Here let me give you another to slobber over. Show ya what a real 2yr old can look like 1c160bf0a1e0aa118b09c694addb8c0e.jpg&key=685e526249f39523d794f3d907c4b091075e84cd4dd4b690f11339d812287a97


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome!!! I’ve been to the zoo too and have been amused by the beauty of “wild animals.” Now just relate your pets/business to how the entire NY hunters are horn crazy with factual evidence and I will admit to you how jealous I am of you and your HUNTING expertise.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.