Could anyone age this buck?

goosifer

I don't have the jaw, I gave the head to my buddy. He took the pics and sent them to me. he was going to show them to someone to age it and he never did. I came across the pics on my phone looking for something else today. So I thought I would just throw them out there to see if someone here could age it. Not a big deal.

bluntness of the 4th tooth back one would think it's older but when looking at both sides you can tell the tips (lingual crests) are broken and not just worn, which is pretty common.  the premolars (first three teeth) look lightly stained to think they have been in that long. also the last cusp on the last tooth doesn't have much for dentine showing. so i'm thinking it's more than likely 2.5 yrs old with i guess a possibility that it could be 3.5 yrs old.  not older though IMO. like Tree said having it in your hands is much easier.  pictures can have things going on that make it a little more difficult like odd angles, blood/food filled in the teeth, and glare from them being wet.

• Like 1