What's your dream outdoor trip?

Robhuntandfish

I have two dream trips but they are almost the same.  Big Brook trout fishing and moose hunting in Newfoundland.  And either char or rainbows and caribou in Alaska.  Will never get to either of these but have always wanted to do something like that. Don't regret not having had the chance cause I have had a great outdoor life and experiences for sure.  But these would be the deal!

Hoping I get close to this one day and draw a Maine moose tag.  

• Like 1

having a tag in my pocket for ut henry mts buck mule deer,  ut paunsgaunt buck mule deer, az strip buck mule deer, nm jiccarri buck mule deer, co unit 21 3rd season buck mule deer,  mt 270  mule deer buck,  mt breaks  ram sheep, mt sw bull moose, az unit 9 bull elk,  nm gila bull elk, ut monroe bull early rifle,  dreamin........................    

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

A hunting / fishing trip to Alaska in a remote area with wood burning stove in a nice log cabin.  With Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis soaking in the hot tub when I return from a long day of chasing salmon and hunting 

changed my mind, i want this 

• Like 1

One more solo canoe trip to northern Ontario,  crown land, overgrown  portages, walleys at the bottom of every swift, moose, woodland caribou,  bears, all who never see humans,  campsites that haven't been used in many years. Just one more chance.

xWwnPhVbiyaHlOA3HogbLuaQ3pomv6JzjfnuQFdqmigaR9gqMDO__feArZaCwtXU3wn2t1uPJpm7LVj5Vdxmm8IuqWwFPNDbiu9503QoTqzEby0QFxUpz5_zsN1jdMqppTg9R5skG_eSS9H7U2x_nfKUqH7x4btcSOtlY3dMbuJCBxVOOkY3KWHFWVnYk0AKt2HeMoLZjYQT4hyif8MqUQoUEFA51JODpc3V9wzmCaDES_EA4ue24Nc8xyBk4cMOSBEr8HceWxM7cyKcpMKRuxwf5gFT65uyIdTjG-LS1yVKnlOcrx-goVXf11DoRFWu3zPQGyHMalq1SwRfJ0GNuwi12rrrbJUBbIYhyuxEWIDx54ZdNmEgBKgzy_gP2pfPiLPHcyQlkbQHlxwIo1aOkCPkAN4q8mFYmbrXKlrG3yGOYGglm5O8vVuj7UbPk0BDozk8WcssTJNCqqwTrxuXWG9FLrUoUf4pQsxLCJV_Y5T4UcHcxxsDWt5bB76coroDPaun93et88rPLxwTNPdzkLzzTYMINsZ835-K-E6KJRr5jUJ-PVZcKfu69Tk9_-jSdinegJMkkCOHOneg8C55tP-qlhs2rF0lXaAi5vQ=w640-h480-no

• Like 10

I want to do another walleye/lake trout trip to Canada. Last time we went it was a bear hunt and I only sat in the stand for half a day and fished the rest of the week. I want to go back and just fish. The walleye weren't huge but were plentiful and the lakers were big and hungry, the rest of the group were getting eaten by bugs trying to shoot and inedible critter and I was having the time of my life on the lakes it was an awesome trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I want to do another walleye/lake trout trip to Canada. Last time we went it was a bear hunt and I only sat in the stand for half a day and fished the rest of the week. I want to go back and just fish. The walleye weren't huge but were plentiful and the lakers were big and hungry, the rest of the group were getting eaten by bugs trying to shoot and inedible critter and I was having the time of my life on the lakes it was an awesome trip.

Whered you go? Ive gone to Gogama Lodge several times and agree, the fishing is so good youre disappointed when its time to leave the lake to hunt

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

A hunting / fishing trip to Alaska in a remote area with wood burning stove in a nice log cabin.  With Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis soaking in the hot tub when I return from a long day of chasing salmon and hunting 

Well now I have to add to my trip.....lol.  Scarlett Johansson cause well.... yeah.....and Ariel Tweito from the show flying wild Alaska cause I bet she knows how to clean fish too.  

• Like 1

When the time is?I want to go to YellowKnife Canada and fish/camp and try some of their cooking.The wifes family is from there and they are mostly land dwellers/lumber Jacks some of the tallest/strongest Guys I ever seen /met

A Yukon moose hunting and fishing trip, with some gold panning thrown in just for fun.

An African trip with Dinsdale for plains game.

Probably won't be able to do either of these, but dreams never die. Just we do, before seeing them come true. But better to have dreamed, and not see them through, than to have not dreamed at all.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, grampy said:

A Yukon moose hunting and fishing trip, with some gold panning thrown in just for fun.

Probably won't be able to do either of these, but dreams never die. Just we do, before seeing them come true. But better to have dreamed, and not see them through, than to have not dreamed at all.

That's a great idea. On trips I always like to throw something in like a 3d shoot, or shooting range or something.  Gold panning would be awesome for half a day.  

And it is def nice to dream about.

• Like 1

I have been fortunate to do a number of hunting trips to Alaska and Northern Canada  that also had phenomenal fishing...  One that stands out was a caribou trip to Northwest Territories  that included  incredible fishing for big pike, lakers and  grayling...We  caught 2-3 pound grayling on dry flies on nearly every cast and caught  10-15 pound lakers  in 18"  of water on streamers..

One trip that was on my bucket list, which I'll never do now is a boat hunt for Sitka Blacktails in SE Alaska..  You sleep on the boat, where you can fish,  put out crab and shrimp pots, and shoot sea ducks and then you take a skiff to shore to hunt Sitka deer, which in my opinion make the prettiest mount of any deer species  due to their beautiful capes...  They also are said to  provide the best tasting venison of any of the deer species..

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 5

I have been fortunate to do a number of hunting trips to Alaska and Northern Canada  that also had phenomenal fishing...  One that stands out was a caribou trip to Northwest Territories  that included  incredible fishing for big pike, lakers and  grayling...We  caught 2-3 pound grayling on dry flies on nearly every cast and caught  10-15 pound lakers  in 18"  of water on streamers..
One trip that was on my bucket list, which I'll never do now is a boat hunt for Sitka Blacktails in SE Alaska..  You sleep on the boat, where you can fish,  put out crab and shrimp pots, and shoot sea ducks and then you take a skiff to shore to hunt Sitka deer, which in my opinion make the prettiest mount of any deer species  due to their beautiful capes...  They also are said to  provide the best tasting venison of any of the deer species..

I don't have much of a desire to travel and hunt anything but whitetails anymore but that sounds like a trip I would totally be into.

I always thought of a several week excursion using a motorhome and loading up a couple of my dogs, a bunch of my Varmint rifles and double shotguns along with a pile of ammunition for a combination varmint-bird hunting safari starting in the Dakotas and working my way down to Arizona. I think it would be a blast.

My hit list

Pheasants, Prairie Dogs, Marmots, Coyotes Jack Rabbits, Bobcat

Sharptail grouse, Prairie Chicken, Sage grouse, Chukar, Gambel's Quail, Scaled Quail, Mearns Quail

Merriam's and Rio Grand Turkey

I like action and pulling the triggers of my firearms! :pleasantry:

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, airedale said:

I always thought of a several week excursion using a motorhome and loading up a couple of my dogs, a bunch of my Varmint rifles and double shotguns along with a pile of ammunition for a combination varmint-bird hunting safari starting in the Dakotas and working my way down to Arizona. I think it would be a blast.

My hit list

Pheasants, Prairie Dogs, Marmots, Coyotes Jack Rabbits, Bobcat

Sharptail grouse, Prairie Chicken, Sage grouse, Chukar, Gambel's Quail, Scaled Quail, Mearns Quail

Merriam's and Rio Grand Turkey

I like action and pulling the triggers of my firearms! :pleasantry:

Al

AL...Maybe one of us can hit the lottery and we can do this trip together...Hehehehe....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grampy said:

1,988 I canoed the North branch of the Big Salmon river from Quite Lake to the Yukon river , took the Yukon river to some small “town” where we were picked up.

Fishing was good .

River was boring , flat no rapids, rich in history though and some neat old mining camps .

Robin I’ve done the Missinaibi river in Ontario , great trip tons of rapids ,remote , best fishing I’ve ver had . We just canoed it ourselves not with any group .

http://frontierbushcraft.com/expeditions/missinaibi-river-canoe/

• Like 1

Contrary to what a particular master hunter on this forum believes, I actually don't hunt based on the size of the racks so my outdoor adventures aren't actually hunting based but rather an nature experience that I can added hunting to.

1. I would like to see clouds beneath me.  So I guess a big horn sheep hunt or a chamois hunt?

2. Swim with a whale shark.

3. Visit Christmas Island during the crab migration.

4. Going to Africa to hunt for anything that isn't canned would be a dream for me.

5. Eat a coconut crab.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Was it expensive to hunt Northwest/Canada?I mostly fish while there and camp.Not much into staying at a familys/house