Please review my resume.....

Robhuntandfish

I am planning on submitting my resume to be Dinsdales gun caddy. (Lol) 

So what do you think.......

"I'm strong as an ox and almost as smart.  I can gut, skin and drag and quarter anything up to a wildebeast.  I'm a good cook, have a clean record, and can be a great wingman when needed.  I can make a decent old fashioned, can open a beer bottle with a truck bumper, and am even willing to point at stuff for you to shoot at.  Only payment I need is to be able to shoot some game that you would pass on and a night off once a month to go into town. Have experience carrying guns for over 30 years."

Whatcha think guys....will I get the job?!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I am planning on submitting my resume to be Dinsdales gun caddy. (Lol) 

So what do you think.......

"I'm strong as an ox and almost as smart.  I can gut, skin and drag and quarter anything up to a wildebeast.  I'm a good cook, have a clean record, and can be a great wingman when needed.  I can make a decent old fashioned, can open a beer bottle with a truck bumper, and am even willing to point at stuff for you to shoot at.  Only payment I need is to be able to shoot some game that you would pass on and a night off once a month to go into town. Have experience carrying guns for over 30 years."

Whatcha think guys....will I get the job?!

Impressive for sure.:drinks:

What I really need is just someone to watch my bag when I use the john in the airport; biggest PIA of travelling alone on long flights and layovers.

On the other hand don't be too quick to volunteer; my track record for finding camp mates ain't very good. Extended the offer to a few folks to cover the cost on a few plains game off my quota as I often get a free observer thrown in that can do some hunting; they have to pay airfare and incidentals.....haven't had a taker yet.

I'm pretty sure it must be me.:sorry:

Although last 2 trips had others folks in camp hunting and we got along well; loaned my PH for a few stalks when they were struggling with the buffoon they hired; and the last guy was head of Nosler sales and was interesting guy to talk to, took his buddy Baboon hunting with us and got his first animal hunted with my rifle as a loaner. Drilled a big male.

Always got room for one more.^_^

• Like 3

In all actuality I would never make all the travel.. I don't even like driving to Syracuse.  Lol. 

Sure is impressive all that you have done. I wouldn't be able to keep up for a minute.  You need Jim Shockey as a travel buddy.  

Hell I got the shakes when I shot a coyote this year with the crossbow from the ground.  Youd be sick of me real quick cause i keep shooting stuff before it gets too close to us. And firing off shots cause I thought I saw a snake etc.....

Yeah I'm best of in my own little piece of the world.  Keep up the awesome adventures!!! And I will live through ypur stories on my couch. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

In all actuality I would never make all the travel.. I don't even like driving to Syracuse.  Lol. 

Sure is impressive all that you have done. I wouldn't be able to keep up for a minute.  You need Jim Shockey as a travel buddy.  

Hell I got the shakes when I shot a coyote this year with the crossbow from the ground.  Youd be sick of me real quick cause i keep shooting stuff before it gets too close to us. And firing off shots cause I thought I saw a snake etc.....

Yeah I'm best of in my own little piece of the world.  Keep up the awesome adventures!!! And I will live through ypur stories on my couch. 

Ironic I hate to drive but can sit in a plane for 14+ hrs.:rolleyes:

I still get the shakes too, I think I will stop if that ends.

So I'm hunting a big Kudu in Northern Namibia with this guy and we've been on him all day in 100* heat. Finally work him up in a big kopje that the whole side is volley ball sized rocks for a 100 yards under the thick brush. As we work through trying to move quiet we get a glimpse of this bull here and there climbing ahead of us. I open the bolt and slide one into the chamber and sure we are going to get a shot. PH glimpses this and is OK and we take a step.

He puts his hand back on my leg and we stop dead in our tracks. Slowly he takes a few steps to our left and starts to back out.

I'm thinking WTF? Kudu is calm, and I'm going to get a great shot here on a bull we have seen a few times over a week and haven't even come close to him.

At the bottom he says, "glad you loaded your gun when that snake came out."

Stupid American (that'd be me),"Huh?"

"Ya, did you see the size of that Mamba? I figured you could hit it at that range, had to be 3 meters long"

"Uhh? What snake, I was looking at that Kudu wondering why in the hell we weren't pressing home a stalk"

"Well, maybe I'll carry my rifle tomorrow" in one of those laughs where you are actually serious but trying to make like no big deal. Quiet drive on the way back to camp.

Shot that Kudu on the otherside of that kopje the next afternoon in some thick stuff out on the flat; found a really cool shed skin of a massive Mamba too not a few yards away.

I think it meant, stay the hell off my hill.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dinsdale said:

Impressive for sure.:drinks:

What I really need is just someone to watch my bag when I use the john in the airport; biggest PIA of travelling alone on long flights and layovers.

On the other hand don't be too quick to volunteer; my track record for finding camp mates ain't very good. Extended the offer to a few folks to cover the cost on a few plains game off my quota as I often get a free observer thrown in that can do some hunting; they have to pay airfare and incidentals.....haven't had a taker yet.

Although last 2 trips had others folks in camp hunting and we got along well; loaned my PH for a few stalks when they were struggling with the buffoon they hired; and the last guy was head of Nosler sales and was interesting guy to talk to, took his buddy Baboon hunting with us and got his first animal hunted with my rifle as a loaner. Drilled a big male.

Always got room for one more.^_^

How come I never got that offer?

• Like 1

Was it only me that read dins post in an odd way. " Just need somebody to watch my bag while I use the John". Um, your yambag ? ?? Like peek over the blocker or straight up join you in the stall..? Need a shake or two as well ??? I don't think I'll be submitting my resume. Well, wait a minute what's the pay to watch your bag ?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dinsdale said:

It isn't you or the money; it's work and family that kept me from my invite. 

(BTW, I have a feeling you'd be guarding my bags more than me guarding yours!!)