Hit the hard water

crappyice

Did I forget to post my ice fishing fun to celebrate MLK Day with my Brittany.

7 bass and 2 pickerel in about 2 1/2 hours on Canopus lake in Fahnstock State Park. Fun day after a frustrating start- couldn’t find bait($26 for a dozen shiner and some spikes-WTF!!), lake I was going to fish was closed(park authorities said ice was too thin!!), etc.

All on tip ups with medium shiners. Had a TRIPLE flag experience—-went 2 for 3 on that one!

2a739db69002ac4c586234a593725160.jpg

37133bb61f7e049d46324281dcde5ef4.jpg

f4b9bf7766aace14e3406ebf53927c35.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 13

Did I forget to post my ice fishing fun to celebrate MLK Day with my Brittany.
7 bass and 2 pickerel in about 2 1/2 hours on Canopus lake in Fahnstock State Park. Fun day after a frustrating start- couldn’t find bait($26 for a dozen shiner and some spikes-WTF!!), lake I was going to fish was closed(park authorities said ice was too thin!!), etc.

All on tip ups with medium shiners. Had a TRIPLE flag experience—-went 2 for 3 on that one!
2a739db69002ac4c586234a593725160.jpg&key=9909404535a92145d931fc2fb383c39e16cd013c5f6e715da36e02f1290758a8

37133bb61f7e049d46324281dcde5ef4.jpg&key=ced4dd50d74d2fe87723c0b0efd8f890f84f640b50b53a9ca0ea45deee4005b3

f4b9bf7766aace14e3406ebf53927c35.jpg&key=029de0122b609861c9ac89f155e58ae45e5f2aefd47504754130ead0edbf29dc

Holy shit $26 for a dozen shiners? I thought the price gouging bait shops by me were bad charging $17 a dozen for saws during peak season was bad enough dude you got bent over and took it RAWDOG. How's your butthole feeling today?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Holy shit $26 for a dozen shiners? I thought the price gouging bait shops by me were bad charging $17 a dozen for saws during peak season was bad enough dude you got bent over and took it RAWDOG. How's your butthole feeling today?

I don’t even bother buying a dozen sawbellies anymore since I never fish two days in a row. I usually just buy a random number like 8 sawbellies for a few hours.

I fished peloton in the summer- sometimes I sneak a float tube in there before the staff wakes up! Good bass-never caught a trout but also never targeted them there.

Hey the $26 included some spike too so I really made out—-NOT! This guy is the only shop in town and I knew I was taking a beatin’- I look at it as $26 for 3 hours of relaxation and entertainment(hell thats two rented flat warm beers at yankee stadium)

I fished peloton in the summer- sometimes I sneak a float tube in there before the staff wakes up! Good bass-never caught a trout but also never targeted them there.

Hey the $26 included some spike too so I really made out—-NOT! This guy is the only shop in town and I knew I was taking a beatin’- I look at it as $26 for 3 hours of relaxation and entertainment(hell thats two rented flat warm beers at yankee stadium)

And only Bud Light and stale food at Yankee Stadium since it’s a dump

You are a dump

No. Yankee Stadium is. I don’t even like the Mets, but Citi Field blows it away. Even all my Yankees fans friends agree. The food and drink choices suck, the lines suck, customer service sucks, etc. should have just kept old stadium and made renovations like Fenway

No. Yankee Stadium is. I don’t even like the Mets, but Citi Field blows it away. Even all my Yankees fans friends agree. The food and drink choices suck, the lines suck, customer service sucks, etc. should have just kept old stadium and made renovations like Fenway

Touché I will admit Shea (Rather Citi Field) was definitely laid out much better with great views from anywhere in the stadium. A reno akin to the Fenway would have been nice from a sentimental point of view. But I don't think Yankee Stadium is a dump as a whole. Though I do wish they didn't replace Carl's Steaks with that garbage Jersey Mike's. Their cheesesteaks can't even sniff Carl's farts! 

• Like 1