Watched a dog take down a deer today

The_Real_TCIII

I was rabbit hunting in the swamps and there were deer everywhere. All of a sudden I hear barking and a dog chases a button buck out onto a frozen field and takes it down. I ran across the field and fired my gun in the air which scared it off but the deer died a few minutes later. It was a big coon hound type dog. c5c7f155a9ef458c84246073222bec4e.jpge00ff7c9f2c6ede140e0d82373846faa.jpg The deer is alive in these pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

The DEC showed up after I left and checked my friend. He told the guy about it but he didn’t seem too interested

It's even more messed up in hope to nail ya with a ticket or something instead of protecting wildlife. 

22 minutes ago, Real World Hunter said:

Sucks....Lead would have been headed towards Hound not air.   Call Wolc.....He would be dripping for that freebie!

A slow, painful death like that hurts the flavor, best leave it for the coyotes.  I would be interested in the tail though.  Button buck tails make the best bass jigs.   

• Haha 1

Not to sound like a dick, but that little fawn might have been dying before the dog came along to do it a favor by finishing it off.

It hasn't exactly been an easy winter for them so far, and I'm sure it's taking a toll on a number of them.

Ultimately the dog will take the blame/credit for the kill, but I'd almost be willing to bet there was more going on there than just that.

• Like 2

Not to sound like a dick, but that little fawn might have been dying before the dog came along to do it a favor by finishing it off.
It hasn't exactly been an easy winter for them so far, and I'm sure it's taking a toll on a number of them.
Ultimately the dog will take the blame/credit for the kill, but I'd almost be willing to bet there was more going on there than just that.

Certainly possible. The deer were yarded up good there

I was rabbit hunting in the swamps and there were deer everywhere. All of a sudden I hear barking and a dog chases a button buck out onto a frozen field and takes it down. I ran across the field and fired my gun in the air which scared it off but the deer died a few minutes later. It was a big coon hound type dog. c5c7f155a9ef458c84246073222bec4e.jpg&key=fc99a06e149c251ebcea5981b8f3c5a9209e32aacaa253912bedf7147722b554e00ff7c9f2c6ede140e0d82373846faa.jpg&key=4650ec6ce01344722b9cabafd39ab521c5bc1a21f6adaed64a46e6fed1d69226 The deer is alive in these pics

3febf15ba2cb1f8039e58882142cfb83.jpg

You Can't Beat My Meat!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Real World Hunter said:

Sucks....Lead would have been headed towards Hound not air.   Call Wolc.....He would be dripping for that freebie!

I would have been interested as well if I could not eat it it would make for some good fresh meat for my dog.cooked of course.Not that I cant feed my pets just ashamed it was wasted.

• Like 1