Antler burr cross..

wooly

Putting a little spin on the conventional antler burr relief carving.

These are really simple and turn out pretty cool once they're all sanded and polished up! 

Just another idea for those that always asks... "what can you do with deer antlers?". ;)

cross1.jpg.150e9b8a377ae2b021287a6e5e1bf03b.jpgcross2.jpg.906f119da9d1f88c31208e3204ba4171.jpg

And just a little something for Valen-tines Day!

heart1.thumb.jpg.f73214d5309a9924ced462ce9746cba3.jpg

• Like 12

27 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I have my first buck antler.  He only had one.  Been wanting to make a little knife out of it using the antler as a handle. It's pretty small though so gotta find a blank with a real small tang.  

That's some nice work there. Your a bone fide artist!

Thanks guys!

Rob- you could always make your own blade to match your handle. I made this one out of cow leg bone.

It's not quite as effective as a good steel blade, but it makes a neat display piece and you wont have to worry about losing it in the woods. Eventually I'll probably carve the blade on this one.

One of these days I'm gonna make a little bone folding pocket knife just for the hell of it as well.

medium.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wooly said:

Thanks guys!

Rob- you could always make your own blade to match your handle. I made this one out of cow leg bone.

It's not quite as effective as a good steel blade, but it makes a neat display piece and you wont have to worry about losing it in the woods. Eventually I'll probably carve the blade on this one.

One of these days I'm gonna make a little bone folding pocket knife just for the hell of it as well.

medium.jpg

That came out great.  I don't really have the tools for knife making so was looking to take the easy route with a premade blank

• Like 1