Looking into new single pin sight-opinions?

nybuckboy

Here are the 2 I'm considering. The HHA is more money but that's not a reason not to buy it.  It looks better to me. Anybody using either and your thoughts.

Truglo Range Rover - http://www.truglo.com/archery-sights/archers-choice-range-rover.asp?catid=14EF030088AA44CBAC06E6F08F4B71C1

OR 

HHA 5019 - http://www.hhasports.com/catalog/1/optimizer-ultra/

26 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I shoot 2 different HHA ,one is a single pin and one is multi pin. Very nice sight. My single pin is probably on the list of things to sell to finance a new build if I like shooting that new prime.

So when you get that new Prime is it going to have the new garmin sight or true glo new sight. :) 

I shoot the HHA optimizer lite ultra single pin and love it. I bought 5519. The only things i dont like about mine is the 2" housing, I will replace with the 1-5/8" housing so it fits my peep better. and instead of .019" pins, i am getting the .010" pin. Maybe its just my eyes but to me the .019" pin is too big at longer distances of 40+ yrds. And I like to sling arrows as far as i can every so often.  

On 1/22/2018 at 9:10 PM, nybuckboy said:

Grow - do you think the .010 will be or is bright enough? I've thought about the .010 as well.

Plenty bright, They have like 3-5' lenght of fiber optic behind it. had them on my last 5 pin sight. If your looking to shoot longer ranges, you'll be better off and probably more satisfied with the .010" pins 

On 1/23/2018 at 7:36 AM, Buckmaster7600 said:

I shoot .029's I see absolutely no need to go any smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has to be the difference between eye balls. I cant stand my .019" for longer shots. Its like a crap shoot, when the pin(and/or its brightness) is 5x the size of the bullzeye

I agree, .029 pins are huge, precision doesn't come from large aiming points. I use 19's for hunting but precision work is done with 10's. I think 19's are about as good as you can get for hunting, sometimes 10's can disappear on me in the woods in hunting conditions. I use the Apex Covert Pro for hunting, it works awesome for me.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Doesn't cover any of the target, pins aren't supposed to be put over a target. I use the top edge of the pin as an aiming point.

I think you'll be surrised if you research the reason people started shooting that way.

That seems to jive with the same story I was told ,my older brother is a marine and he said they started teaching that method to the masses and it some how made it in to archery. He said more guys could shoot better using that technique then holding over a target. 

That seems to jive with the same story I was told ,my older brother is a marine and he said they started teaching that method to the masses and it some how made it in to archery. He said more guys could shoot better using that technique then holding over a target. 

Well it makes sense it's a way more precise method than floats a sight. I shoot a huge peep and a big pin and the few times I have shot 3D with my buddies that do it regularly I have been competitive with them and their target bows.

If they made a .039 I would shoot it.

• 2 weeks later...