Dads latest toothpick creation.

NYBowhunter

4 minutes ago, grampy said:

Awesome!  Can't imagine the patience and time involved with something like that. Looks so cool.

Tremendous amount of patience, says it relaxes him...lol...i would never have the patience for that. Think he has a month into this one so far and puts in countless hours each day.

• Like 2

That was the way I used to view my rodbuilding. Sometimes I would spend 10 hours on a wrap and then decide I didn't think it was perfect then cut it all off and start from scratch. Similar to your dad's patience though I am almost certain he spent way more time on his creations. It's the tediousness of the act and attention one must devote to it that helps you clear your mind and focus on the task at hand. Your dad's art is awesome! Hope you've been taking notes!

You Can't Beat My Meat!!!

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Crazy. What holds it together- glue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, toothpicks and wood glue.  Uses wood dowels as a form to get the cylinder shapes all other shapes and details are done all free hand. At 79 years young, dont know how he does it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

That was the way I used to view my rodbuilding. Sometimes I would spend 10 hours on a wrap and then decide I didn't think it was perfect then cut it all off and start from scratch. Similar to your dad's patience though I am almost certain he spent way more time on his creations. It's the tediousness of the act and attention one must devote to it that helps you clear your mind and focus on the task at hand. Your dad's art is awesome! Hope you've been taking notes!

You Can't Beat My Meat!!!

My mom says he starts at 8am, takes a lunch break then goes back at it sometimes tilll 10 or 11pm. She says this better be his last one, running out of room to display them..lol...me and my three sisters each have one of his creations and he has several of his own. Even our camp has a few of his older creations. He has always be the man with gold hands.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

keeps him sharp and thinking i'm sure.  so who moves it? i wouldn't.  i wouldn't even be in the same room.

Hes quite swift for 79, just last month he installed a new tile floor  and kitchen cabinets in his rental apt. 

I moved his creation just last night, but the thought of dropping it crossed my mind. Last time i touch that...lol

• Like 3