How come?

Doc

I stated muzzleloading to extend my deer season.  At the time i was working 2 jobs and i just wanted to get out more.  At the time you had to use patched round ball and open sights in the Ny muzzleloading season.  When I saw how accurate the 1-66 twist .54 cal was with a patched round ball i decided to use it in the regular season. The second day out I killed a nice buck with it and was hooked.

I started using inlines also and have owned a least 6 or 7 different inlines.  I havent used any thing except muzzleloaders or a handgun or bow for deer hunting for a very long time now.  The allure of my inlines has faded and the last 4 years I have went back to patched roundball and open sights. I use either a .58 or .54 calber for most of my hunting.  I'm going to have a custom flintlock built.  I just love shooting these guns.

The biggest reason was because I had an opportunity to take a deer of either sex in my WMU with it.  Doe permits weren't being given out for a couple of years and are still not a sure thing, so if I don't get one, I will be out hunting for a doe with the muzzleloader instead after the regular season.