Forester/Logger recommendations

8 minutes ago, E J said:

I have used future forest consulting a few times on different properties. He does a good job and will let you know what should be done.

Another happy customer of future forest consulting.  Corey did a great job with the logging project we completed a couple of years ago.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

all the connections you've got and you need recommendations for that??? lol

I dont have many connections for loggers actually. More land management or property evaluation people that are more hunting focused, but thats not really what Im looking for. I have a pretty good idea of what Im going to be trying to accomplish in that respect. Its always good to look outside of your own circle sometimes.

14 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I dont have many connections for loggers actually. More land management or property evaluation people that are more hunting focused, but thats not really what Im looking for. I have a pretty good idea of what Im going to be trying to accomplish in that respect. Its always good to look outside of your own circle sometimes.

i could see that.  unfortunately i'm here in eastern NY so i got nothing that can help you there.  2nd cousin actually logging the family farm now.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, escpen said:

Another happy customer of future forest consulting.  Corey did a great job with the logging project we completed a couple of years ago.

Corey has done work for my buddy in Canadice a couple times, always been satisfied. 

Now that I think of it he logged my Uncle's place a few years ago, straight up the mountain from his own house. 

My friend has known his family for many years.  Good people.....

• Like 1

If you want top dollar and if you have some popl or sycamore etc which loggers usually won't take, the Amish can be a good option. I'm not a fan of how they operate but they can get you the most money compared to others. If you don't need top dollar for timber and want a more "professional" job, look elsewhere !

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I had a timber company approach me a couple of years ago about logging a part of my property.  I decided to call FORECON located in Cortland, NY.  (They advertise in NY Outdoor News). They came out and did a survey of the timber, solicited several bids, and handled all the contracting, insurance, etc.  I’m glad I did because i got quite a bit more than the timber company was offering.   I’m not sure if they go out to WNY but it might be worth a call.  

http://www.foreconinc.com/

I will have to check with my oldest son . He had his 16 acres logged . I think he dealt with the forestry dept and paid them something like 15% and the forestry dept over saw the work . The loggers wanted to take out some big oaks and my son said no way that the trees were more valuable than money . 

Just made a call . My son contracted through Future Forestry out of Naples , NY . They went through different logging outfits , got bids and determined who would do the work and over saw the work that was done . You could go through different loggers and do all this yourself if you want to take the time and keep an eye on their work . Future Forestry made sure there was some cleanup done and that the trails were cleared / repaired ( if necessary ) . 

One thing you might wanna do is let your neighbors know that your going to have a select harvest. They might decide to have theirs done too and could yield you a higher price because they can pull out more timber for the job.

• Like 1

Loggers typically leave your property like an ex does your checkbook.

Because of you we can’t have nice things.
I agree and disagree.

In the beginning I didn't know what I didn't know.

Now I have learned, in my contract it is the responsibility of the logger to repair roads, and also make a particular size food Plat after they finished logging or it is a no go.

Additionally, they can not remove heavy equipment until i am satisfied with their results.

No problems for the last 10 years. The abilities of an experienced forester and a forester that also has your needs in mind is priceless.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk