Liver and onions ....talk to me

turkeyfeathers

3 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I eat it while drinking a beer or two  Figure the liver filters out the alcohol ?!  No ?

I eat liver even on an off day of not drinking Beer but does pare good.We can lead them to a field but cant make them eat.Natural cassings are made from what?but they wont eat Liver

15 hours ago, Dom said:

You'all think liver is nasty?you are missing some of the finest foods you could ever eat from a deer.I can only guess most do not even eat Braunschweiger with onions and spicy mustard for lunch

like liverwurst and Brauns a bit in a sandwich.  We used to have that at fishing camp some.  A lunch of liverwurst onion and mustard sandwiches and sardines - good thing no gals around 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I love tripe (which I realize most won't eat), but have yet to find another organ meat that I really like.  The heart is OK, but not my favorite.  There is something about the consistency of liver that doesn't sit well with me.

Tripe is good the wifes family cook it often,I still haven't cooked it myself but enjoy it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

like liverwurst and Brauns a bit in a sandwich.  We used to have that at fishing camp some.  A lunch of liverwurst onion and mustard sandwiches and sardines - good thing no gals around 

Sardines are a great snack

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dom said:

Sardines are a great snack

I am a sardine fan myself, ...In fact I think I started a sardine thread a year or two go...

My  current favorites are Ligo brand  with chile in tomato sauce...The Mermaid's DIL is Phillipina and gets them for me for 99 cents a can at one of the oriental stores...

• Like 1

One of the funniest things I ever saw was a fellow at a Deer camp decide he was going to slice and fry up some liverwurst for a hot sandwich, he ended up with a melted down brown puddle of foul smelling pukey looking pudding. It did not stop him from using it, he slathering it between two sliced of bread and proceeded to eat it, within five minutes he was running out the door blowing chunks. I laugh my ass off every time I think of that fiasco.:rofl:

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

my Dad and uncles used to do a camp lunch of sardines, liverwurst and limburger cheese.  They would get a bunch of all that and crackers and beers and be out on the picnic table at camp.  I would pass on the limburger though.  

Add some draft beer and you have one heck of a stank in a few hours.  No deer going to be seen for days after that. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, airedale said:

One of the funniest things I ever saw was a fellow at a Deer camp decide he was going to slice and fry up some liverwurst for a hot sandwich, he ended up with a melted down brown puddle of foul smelling pukey looking pudding. It did not stop him from using it, he slathering it between two sliced of bread and proceeded to eat it, within five minutes he was running out the door blowing chunks. I laugh my ass off every time I think of that fiasco.:rofl:

Al

He must have been a southern boy...They fry EVERYTHING !!..

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

has anyone here made liverwurst from deer liver? I do like liverwurst a bunch.

A co-worker of mine used to make liverwurst every year...He said  there aren't too many things more disgusting than putting a raw liver through a meat grinder....

7 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

That's what she said...

We talking Monica Lewinsky  ?

I heard  recently that Monica celebrated her 50th birthday..

And it seems like just the other day she was running around the oval office on her hands and knees putting EVERYTHING in her mouth !

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I love me some liver.  Especially chicken liver.  Never had venison liver though.  My dad had one from my first deer and told me to chuck it because it tasted like crap so I've never tried.  Maybe he didn't cook it right?