2018 Shed Thread

NonTypical

I'll get this thread back on track. I went out with a buddy to walk a spot where I have my cam set up. I had a pic of my #1 that dropped last week. I didn't find his sheds. But my buddy did find the sheds of a wide 8 that I had pics of from yesterday morning and he was still holding. He must've just dropped. They where laying on top of one another. We also found one side of a larger 8 and one side of a 3 point. I have pics of both deer from during the season. Also found was a a shed from the previous year. Not a bad day for only being out for 90 minutes. 

image.thumb.jpeg.f21a041c15629a21256b2ddb37158ae2.jpeg

• Like 19

I'll get this thread back on track. I went out with a buddy to walk a spot where I have my cam set up. I had a pic of my #1 that dropped last week. I didn't find his sheds. But my buddy did find the sheds of a wide 8 that I had pics of from yesterday morning and he was still holding. He must've just dropped. They where laying on top of one another. We also found one side of a larger 8 and one side of a 3 point. I have pics of both deer from during the season. Also found was a a shed from the previous year. Not a bad day for only being out for 90 minutes. 
image.thumb.jpeg.f21a041c15629a21256b2ddb37158ae2.jpeg

That’s more sheds than I’ve ever found total

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

35 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

What a haul Non Typical!

Thanks. I’ve been itching to scope out my spot for a while, but I didn’t want to  go to soon and push the bucks out of it. Thankfully with the use of my cell cam, I was able to keep a close eye on who was still holding on. The matched set was on the ground for less than 36 hours and still had some blood on the bases. It was by far my best day and I have to give a lot of credit to my buddy who came with me. He really has a sharp eye. I’ll be heading out again next weekend to  hit some surrounding areas close by. I still want to find the sheds of one in particular, and I think that I know where they may be. It also appears that most, if not all have dropped in the past week in my area. 

Edited by NonTypical
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stubborn1VT said:

It is late for them to be dropping?

It depends on the area. Some areas here on the island where the herd is very stressed, I have seen them drop by early January. I think by the end of February, the majority have dropped, yet some will still hold until April. I believe that nutrition and stress are 2 main factors, but that’s just my opinion.