2018 Shed Thread

NonTypical

Not much action it’s seems.....

I just did three hours of walking , zippo ! In honesty since I’ve not got out much and figured others didn’t either ,I hit areas that I don’t hunt, with the thought of saving my spot for later as others don’t go, on it.

• 3 weeks later...

It amazes me that I don’t find more sheds while turkey hunting. For all the walking I do and to find very little to speak of.

On the second day of the season I picked up a hunk of well chewed antler and was carrying it out in my hand. I was afraid to put it in my vest game bag because if I sat against a tree it’d surely break. Well when I did hear a gobble a while later I just set the antler on a big dead log, a donation back to the critters that need it more than me. :)

• Like 1

I have found one shed ever.   I dont actively look just for them but will look a bit while turkey hunting or trout fishing.  Found an 8 point deadhead pretty close to the road 2 years ago on a blood trail for a doe I shot.  Would love to teach my dog to look for them but where i hunt mostly its so thick and swampy in the spring its just a mess.  water up to your knees is some spots.  Would rather be fishing. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...