2018 Shed Thread

NonTypical

5 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

in case you find some that are sun bleached maybe try this to bring back color. has anyone tried it? I don't drink coffee.

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/restore-color-to-your-old-shed-antlers-for-super-cheap/

I’ve used Golden Oak stain and its worked well,  a guy named Peter Porter online sells  “ antler Magic” That is supposed to work really well. It’s hard to track down , but I have his email if anyone wants .

Here’s  a Golden Oak done one .

82170521-38DC-48F1-99D5-8F991EB6DBB0.jpeg

0CA1779D-6096-40D9-80FD-CA1FE91EE433.jpeg

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 9

21 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

I’ve used Golden Oak stain and its worked well,  a guy named Peter Porter online sells  “ antler Magic” That is supposed to work really well. It’s hard to track down , but I have his email if anyone wants .

Here’s  a Golden Oak done one .

82170521-38DC-48F1-99D5-8F991EB6DBB0.jpeg

0CA1779D-6096-40D9-80FD-CA1FE91EE433.jpeg

i think wooly posted something about getting back a natural original color without the gloss look. reason i shared it.  honestly, i think the golden oak looks really good despite it's glossy.

• Like 2

Thanks , that was fresh. I’ve since worked over some trees with it as well as taken some steel wool to it , to  knock down the shine .

I’m going to do an antler mount with it . 

Thats the only buck I’ve lost in bow , found it two years later .....

Was embarrassed to,not find it and when I did wasn’t going to display , due to the circumstances .

Thanks , that was fresh. I’ve since worked over some trees with it as well as taken some steel wool to it , to  knock down the shine .
I’m going to do an antler mount with it . 
Thats the only buck I’ve lost in bow , found it two years later .....
Was embarrassed to,not find it and when I did wasn’t going to display , due to the circumstances .

Wow two years later and no chew marks or breakage thats amazing. If you don’t mind me asking where did he die how far and what was the shot like?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, rachunter said:

i find about two or three a year.I'm always moving them out of the roads in spring.Misty mornings are when i see them the most.

Cool. I've never seen one  here in broome. Found a couple of woods turtles walking down the road but havent seen a box turtle since I moved back from Alabama.

8366125192666c02ebfee8d2b95e773a.jpg&key=affd3632a213b68719f2e7d418e951095fa9070373e456eee2ec64c198caac4a

Big OLD shed was my only reward today. Found the herd and didn’t see the 8 that was still holding a few weeks back so I assume he dropped. Pretty sure there are 8 points on the ground somewhere just no where I looked

Biggest base I have ever found

8099328180904a17b80ba70af5ad7374.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

1 hour ago, cynthiafu said:

Well didn't win off to go find a shed good luck all . Is it me or is the shed hunting post slow this year

I was out once, last week, still a ton of snow along the hedgerows I’ve had good luck,on before . I’ll be put next week a time or two .

Damn.  Loss of a nice buck for this season but a great find
Yeah. Was scouting new areas today. Just as I was saying there's no way i can hunt this cause I don't think I'd be able to recover anything but a drop on the spot shot, I found him. Thick as could be with brambles. Hunter could have walked right past and not seen it. Too bad, but at least it provided a good meal to the forest creatures.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...