NonTypical

2018 Shed Thread

It's been a rough season...was extremely happy to discover this awesome palmated shed yesterday. No luck with the match yet.

20180413_095759.jpg

20180413_112653.jpg

20180413_093121.jpg

20180413_090351.jpg

• Like 20

"I'm not from New York. I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"

"It's not a passion. It's an obsession!!!" - Mossy Oak

Not much action it’s seems.....

I just did three hours of walking , zippo ! In honesty since I’ve not got out much and figured others didn’t either ,I hit areas that I don’t hunt, with the thought of saving my spot for later as others don’t go, on it.

I'm still seeing bucks wearing their antlers as of April 20th. Getting late but, not unheard of.  Intense shed hunting for me before May 1st then gobble gobble , LOL. 

Edited by landtracdeerhunter
  • Like 1

Saw a nice yearling buck last night still packing! Picked up 7 more since last post...

• Like 1

"I'm not from New York. I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"

"It's not a passion. It's an obsession!!!" - Mossy Oak

Third time out today .
28D43EA0-A3C9-4228-9B44-2A07B17B269D.thumb.jpeg.f350d7d921167a5746c7e7c9dbab0f33.jpeg

Looks like that skull is still attached to a spine and has a nasty front tooth the way it is sitting on the shed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It amazes me that I don’t find more sheds while turkey hunting. For all the walking I do and to find very little to speak of.

On the second day of the season I picked up a hunk of well chewed antler and was carrying it out in my hand. I was afraid to put it in my vest game bag because if I sat against a tree it’d surely break. Well when I did hear a gobble a while later I just set the antler on a big dead log, a donation back to the critters that need it more than me. :)

• Like 1

Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

Found this one a few weeks ago.  I must have driven past it a dozen times.  Looking through some trail camera pictures I believe it belongs to this guys.

61199BEC-9723-4F43-B080-CE02214E71FE.jpeg

E4894F81-4476-40EB-B5A9-D877998B6050.jpeg

D8C61E80-A1D3-461C-A650-603CFE916C5E.jpeg

• Like 6

I have found one shed ever.   I dont actively look just for them but will look a bit while turkey hunting or trout fishing.  Found an 8 point deadhead pretty close to the road 2 years ago on a blood trail for a doe I shot.  Would love to teach my dog to look for them but where i hunt mostly its so thick and swampy in the spring its just a mess.  water up to your knees is some spots.  Would rather be fishing. 

I am back guys been doing some scouting for next season watching trail cams and getting ready..... tried turkey hunting again and just tried trout fishing

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, kperez1980 said:

I am back guys been doing some scouting for next season watching trail cams and getting ready..... tried turkey hunting again and just tried trout fishing

Any luck?