Live from the rifle range

Thinking the plan for tomorrow is to try for a yote on the backside of land and then sit along the trail for a rabbit right before dark on the way out. 

I don't have an electronic caller but have a mouth rabbit call and will put out a feather on a line and see if I can get a yote out.  There are so many there and have a score to settle with them for eating a deer on me last fall. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

That's a shooter - sweet rifle! What glass did you put on it?

I had a 1-4 power Bushnell here already so I put that on.  I love the circle X reticle on those. Seems to work out ok and prob won't shoot over 150 yards ever.

Will have to get out one more time before season to dial it in perfect.  

I assume that the top group was after sighting....Nice group for a hunting rifle ..

Of COURSE it kicks less than a 12 gauge with heavy loads...So do  the vast majority of rifle  rounds other than  the " elephant gun"  chamberings...Hehehe...30-06 is a pussycat compared to a 12 gauge with slugs or heavy shot loads...

Looks like a nice deer slayer, Rob... Enjoy your new toy !!

• Like 1

Yup top group was last 4 shots.  Gonna get it sighted though about 1.5 - 2 inches high before season.  That way I should be about dead on at 150 and 2 inch low at 200.  

Thought it would kick more though was a little surprised.  

Was nice to be outside and enjoying the outdoors instead of sending it through the snowblower. Lol.  

• Like 2

I can’t wait for the weather to get better. I have a new chronograph to try and I want to try my 6mm rem. With the new 103gr ELD-X I’m going to hang up my 444 marlin for 1 year and hunt with my 6mm. I have killed 1 deer with it and was impressed with it. Even though my 444 with the 265gr flat point is like hitting them with Thor’s Hammer

Had fun getting the Creedmoor half dialed in the other day, that I felt compelled to break out the rimfires on a sunny, but cold day yesterday.

This is a Savage .22 mag that I bought a year ago and topped of with a cheap Simmons 3-9x .22 mag scope. Got it dialed in last year and this is the first time I just plinked with it for fun. Gave it a couple more clicks up and left for the final adjustments at 100 yds. Was a sweet deal, picked it up at a local gun shop for about $80 off new price. It was traded in or sold from a guy who won it at a gun raffle, but didn't want it. Was never fired. It's well fired now!

IMG_6528.JPG

IMG_6530.JPG

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 7

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

2 more sighted in. .450 is dialed in at 1" high at 100.  Can't wait to try that out this deer season.  

The 30/30 isnt as dialed but it also has a little 2 power scope on it, cause I don't like a big scope on it , feels awkward.  But it's still a deer killer at 100 yards.  All shots in the black on those little targets is a kill.  

One more gun to go - the favorite 12 gauge - before season and then it's all about bow practice once a week.  

Loving that 450 bushmaster - gonna be a tough call not to take it.  

rps20180620_165330.jpg

rps20180620_165354.jpg

• Like 2