cooking/frying

Dom

What oil does everyone prefer for cooking or frying?For myself depends on what I am cooking I use mostly corn oil for frying/deep fat cooking.I ask because I was thinking of frying a whole turkey in the turkeyfryer and not sure what oil is best used that way

I've deep fried numerous turkeys I don't like peanut oil at all. Canola has less of a taste which for me is good. Either peanut or canola are your choices. Don't use olive oil. Also make sure the empty valve is closed on the deep fryer I made a mess one year on my mother in laws wood floors. -1 son in law point.

6 minutes ago, corydd7 said:

I've deep fried numerous turkeys I don't like peanut oil at all. Canola has less of a taste which for me is good. Either peanut or canola are your choices. Don't use olive oil. Also make sure the empty valve is closed on the deep fryer I made a mess one year on my mother in laws wood floors. -1 son in law point.

I am not daring enough to use turkey fryer indoors.

I use Peanut or Canola, I prefer Peanut though. I dont filter it after I use it, I do it before. The easiest way is to peel 2 or 3 large potatos, then once the oil is hot, put them in the basket and dunk them and let them fry for 20 mins or so. They will absorb any flavors that the oil picked up from its last use. The bonus is they taste pretty good after you take them out.

I never use my electric fryer in the house. Not because Im worried about a fire, but the oil residue that gets on everything, and the whole house smells like fryer oil for a week.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, corydd7 said:

Electric fryers they're made to be used inside. I've used both don't get me wrong but I don't think there's a difference in taste.

The one Ihave is propane Electric would be different I do have an electric fryer but not for a whole turkey.I will try peanut oil the worst thing possible will be pour the left over oil on brush pile if I do not like it

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 29.01.2018 at 11:52 PM, WNYBuckHunter said:

I use Peanut or Canola, I prefer Peanut though. I dont filter it after I use it, I do it before. The easiest way is to peel 2 or 3 large potatos, then once the oil is hot, put them in the basket and dunk them and let them fry for 20 mins or so. They will absorb any flavors that the oil picked up from its last use. The bonus is they taste pretty good after you take them out.

I never use my electric fryer in the house. Not because Im worried about a fire, but the oil residue that gets on everything, and the whole house smells like fryer oil for a week.

good idea for cooking, thanks for sharing=)