ATV size food plot equipment wanted

2 hours ago, The Engineer said:

I don't know if R4 in 4 wheel drive is equal to R1 in 2 wheel drive. I have R4s on my tractor with no chains and had no problem in 14" of wet sloppy slushy snow this weekend up in the Catskills. My neighbor has R1 with chains and I went anywhere he went cleaning snow. The only time I slid was in 12" of mud on on a grade sideways. Now I got the tires loaded and haven't had a problem since. 

Mud is where R4's struggle the most.  They just do not have the profile for self-cleaning like the R1's do.   Loaded tires will help you in the snow but not so much in the mud.

18 hours ago, The Engineer said:

Buck hunter check out Bruno's power sports in Arkansas. Free delivery and no sales tax. I bought a Massey 2706 (60 hp) for 24,000 no one could come close. He also has Kioti which I almost bought. I like how they have a lever on the back to raise the 3 point hitch while standing at the back of the tractor where you can see it close up. Good luck

I remembered the email you sent about that. I have emailed him a couple of times, but havent heard back. When I get some time Ill have to call and talk to someone there.

17 hours ago, wolc123 said:

If you get a new CUT for foodplotting, make sure to order it with AG (R1) tires, not the Industrials (R4) that 90 % of them are supplied with.   That way you will be able to develop much more traction force on soft ground.   R4's become slicks after one revolution in mud and do nearly as much damage to turf as R1's do.   Their only advantage is slightly better puncture resistance.  For foodplot usage, that no where near makes up for the sacrifice in traction.   A 4wd tractor with R4's can only develop traction force about equal to an equal weight 2wd tractor with R1's.  That is a pretty big waste of a very expensive front drive system.   

Im planning on AGs for it, and will have them loaded, as I wont be using it on what lawn we have, just in the plots, plowing the road and in the woods.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2018 at 3:26 PM, WNYBuckHunter said:

The DK5010 is the same physical size as the DK4510, just 5hp more. Where did you get those prices from?

That was down here on the southern tier Joe Signs Power equipment in Owego had the best prices around. Jim's equipment in Campbell wasn't bad either but higher than Joe Signs. They were killer deals I wish I could have swung it. I believe Jim wanted 20k for the 4510 and 18k for the 5010 both with loaders. I was going to get the loader and backhoe attachment. I think the loader is a little bit bigger on the 5010 but don't quote me.

Edited by chas0218
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Im planning on AGs for it, and will have them loaded, as I wont be using it on what lawn we have, just in the plots, plowing the road and in the woods.

You can load your own tires using windsheild washer fluid. Granted it isn't as heavy as Rimguard but a lot cheaper and still won't freeze. Not many places will load calcium anymore because it rots the rim and not very enviromental friendly.

Edited by chas0218

Im looking for some ATV sized equipment for food plots at my new place. The ground is too rocky for a tiller and Id rather not tear up the trails as much with a tractor, so I plan on doing everything with my ATV. I am already all set with a spreader and sprayer. I would like to find a 6-8 foot 2 row disc and a 6-10 foot cultipacker or roller. Let me know what you have.

I run an 8ft set of disks on a 50hp 4wd tractor. You're on drugs if you think a wheeler will do it.

EDIT- see your getting a tractor disregard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Kioti's use to come in tubeless, below 55 hp. Make sure you have them install tubes, reguardless of what liquid weight ballast they pump in. Rears only with a  front loader.

Maybe a new tractor thread might be nice, so you can get more recommendation.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, chas0218 said:

You can load your own tires using windsheild washer fluid. Granted it isn't as heavy as Rimguard but a lot cheaper and still won't freeze. Not many places will load calcium anymore because it rots the rim and not very enviromental friendly.

Calcium Chloride is heavier. Hundred pounds to a 50 gallon barrel of water. I think their 14.9 X 24 on the rear of a 4510 maybe even the 5010.  Can pump  darn near a barrel in each rear,  to the top of the rim.  I use to use a swimming pool pump to fill tires, LOL.  Kioti loaders use to lift the rear of the tractor tires off the ground with the tires loaded. 

I use to attend service schools down to Jim's place in Stanley for Kioti. He's straight shooter and a good guy. Wonder if he still sell Steiner.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

41 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

Calcium Chloride is heavier. Hundred pounds to a 50 gallon barrel of water. I think their 14.9 X 24 on the rear of a 4510 maybe even the 5010.  Can pump  darn near a barrel in each rear,  to the top of the rim.  I use to use a swimming pool pump to fill tires, LOL.  Kioti loaders use to lift the rear of the tractor tires off the ground with the tires loaded. 

I use to attend service schools down to Jim's place in Cambell for Kioti. He's straight shooter and a good guy. Wonder if he still sell Steiner.

On 2/9/2018 at 10:28 AM, WNYBuckHunter said:

Im holding off right now, as I was given the green light to buy a tractor, as we need something to plow our road and work on firewood stuff, clear trails in the woods, etc. Looking at the same one we were last year, a 45hp Kioti 4wd, which will be more than enough to handle a disc, etc.

Thanks though guys.

Some food for thought WNY,  Daedong also supplies McCormick with tractors in the states. Might be worth checking into to if a dealer is near.

On 2/12/2018 at 9:26 AM, chas0218 said:

You can also use molasses, which is heavier than washer fluid.

Edited by stubborn1VT
typo

2 hours ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

Some food for thought WNY,  Daedong also supplies McCormick with tractors in the states. Might be worth checking into to if a dealer is near.

Looks like the closest dealer is in Batavia, which is 45 or so mins away. Not horrible, but the Kioti dealer is 15 mins away. Ill have to take a look at them though. Thanks for the heads up!

So I did a quick comparison of the 45-55hp models, the Kioti has the McCormick beat in the loader lift capacity by a full 1000lbs. One thing that I will be using the tractor for is firewood processing, as doing it myself is alot less expensive than buying chunk wood or split wood. Im planning to have loads of green logs brought in, rent a processor for a few days and get all of the logs cut and split. Ill need the tractor to lift the logs up onto the processor platform, so lift capacity is one of the most important things for me to take into consideration. IIRC, the Kioti came out on top or maybe second to JD in that department last year when I was looking around.

Good luck on the tractor shopping. I’ve been at it for 2 years lol. Wife is going to cave any day now I can just feel it!🤣

I’m looking to get into a New Holland workmaster when the time comes. Has just the right amount of features for what I want to do, but saves you money over the higher optioned Boomer series. I know a lot of guys running NH’s with little to no complaints. Not sure what kinda dealers you have out your way but you should take a look if ya can. I figure that no one can make the right buy if they didn’t look at all the options first. Especially on something as awesome as tractors!

18 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

So I did a quick comparison of the 45-55hp models, the Kioti has the McCormick beat in the loader lift capacity by a full 1000lbs. One thing that I will be using the tractor for is firewood processing, as doing it myself is alot less expensive than buying chunk wood or split wood. Im planning to have loads of green logs brought in, rent a processor for a few days and get all of the logs cut and split. Ill need the tractor to lift the logs up onto the processor platform, so lift capacity is one of the most important things for me to take into consideration. IIRC, the Kioti came out on top or maybe second to JD in that department last year when I was looking around.

One thing to look at though is the lift height vs the lift capacity. A lot of manufactures will have lower lift weights but have the bucket further away from the tractor with better reach and higher lift abilities. Having a bucket close to the tractor can be a pain and sometimes a god send depending on the task. I hate lifting stuff in the air onto a pile and covering myself and the tractor. To an extent they will all go back over the tractor hood but it's useless if you dump and it covers the front bumper.

5 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Good luck on the tractor shopping. I’ve been at it for 2 years lol. Wife is going to cave any day now I can just feel it!

I’m looking to get into a New Holland workmaster when the time comes. Has just the right amount of features for what I want to do, but saves you money over the higher optioned Boomer series. I know a lot of guys running NH’s with little to no complaints. Not sure what kinda dealers you have out your way but you should take a look if ya can. I figure that no one can make the right buy if they didn’t look at all the options first. Especially on something as awesome as tractors!

Those are great tractors for the money, higher HP numbers than the equivalent Boomer. They are the workhorse no frills line. 

20 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Good luck on the tractor shopping. I’ve been at it for 2 years lol. Wife is going to cave any day now I can just feel it!

we've now got a couple on the farm for light work like drawing hay wagons and other equipment.  workmaster 45 2WD with a sun shade and a workmaster 55 4WD.  i think the 4WD has even been hooked up to the square baler and a wagon. don't remember if either has loaded tires... probably. they're all good if maintained. some tractor models under 100HP you have to be careful as they don't step up to a big enough rear end for the tractor.  some of your less common brands it was an issue more so with compact tractors under 60 HP. the new hollands seem great though. no complaints. they sure do sip fuel.

22 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

One thing to look at though is the lift height vs the lift capacity. A lot of manufactures will have lower lift weights but have the bucket further away from the tractor with better reach and higher lift abilities. Having a bucket close to the tractor can be a pain and sometimes a god send depending on the task. I hate lifting stuff in the air onto a pile and covering myself and the tractor. To an extent they will all go back over the tractor hood but it's useless if you dump and it covers the front bumper.

The specs I looked at were both lift capacity at full height.

Those are great tractors for the money, higher HP numbers than the equivalent Boomer. They are the workhorse no frills line. 

That’s exactly what I’ve heard and read online about them. That’s all I want out of a tractor, good HP, simple and ready to be worked to death. There’s a workmaster 55 on Craigslist right now that I’ve been drooling over for almost a month now lol.
2ff0cef20fb914d6458fe6c1f7e445ab.jpg

another thing... i think it's standard issue now but if you get any size loader without a quick-detach bucket system, you're an idiot.

a lot of different outfits and or auctions can get you forks for it too pretty cheap.  they're handy too.

Edited by dbHunterNY
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Jim's equipment in Campbell? He's just a few miles away from me. He has a solid reputation. Haven't bought from him (went with a green one at the time), but he's done some repair work on some of my stuff. Fair and square guy.

No, American Equipment in Farmington. I talked to him last year and he doesnt care where I buy the tractor, he can do any warranty work, etc.

• Like 1