Anyone own one of these ?

What are you looking to do with it ? I have shot the rem and wasn't really impressed. It's "cool" that rem is in the ar platform but like I said, so many other options out there for less money.

Make the trip to DD's ranch in Alden. All safe act legal and typically has alot in stock. If not he can get anything available.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I own a DPMS. Sweet 16. Did lots and lots of research and was my best bang for my buck. Did a 2stage "varmint" trigger from rock River (2.5#) and she's a shooter. I'll bet it was 500$ less than the rem, with the trigger job.

If I bought another, it would be rock river. Don't forget the other option to build your own, where you can grab parts from any manufacturer and do it your way 100%

• Like 1

If you are using it for hunting only, get the lightest setup you can.

1. There is no recoil on a 223/556.
2. The amount of shots you will be taking are less than 5 at a time.
3. When you bring it in the woods, the extra 2 pounds makes a difference for carrying it around.
4. With the amount of good barrels around, they are a dime dozen if you are going to make if a DIY project.
5. The major investment should be in the glass going on top of it.

Just my opinions.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I use mine for fur. When the need for follow ups comes,I appreciate the steadiness of the bull, to me it's worth the extra couple pounds to carry. Def agree on the glass too, most AR have the ability to drive tacks, but without good glass your wasting potential. I had a cheap scope to get me by when I first bought my rifle, it did the job but when I put the vortex on I went from 3" groups at 100 to 1" groups.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ny hunter said:

If I was gonna get another AR i would get a DPMS....Thats what they do AR rifles...I also own a BushMaster which is very good.....Not sure I would go Remington...But thats just me..

Bushmaster is owned by remington. Look into PSA uppers, I'm planning 5.56, 300 AAC, and .308 builds all either PSA or Ground Zero Precision. RIght now it looks like 16" barrel probably stainless fluted for the 5.56, and 18" for the 300 AAC and .308 might do 20" for the .308 haven't completely decided.

Edited by chas0218

5 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

You can have all the bells and whistles with a fixed mag.

I have a neutered AR in 5.56mm that has a spur instead of a pistol grip. No features of any kind. And now it sucks to shoot. Might go to a Thordsen stock instead on that one.

I'm thinking of going the fixed mag route for a new .308/7.62 that would be an option for big game. I made the fatal mistake of fondling a Bushmaster AR-10 version at Seneca Gun Sports last fall and it has me thinking...

4 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

If you are buying, Id go with DPMS, Rock River or Stag. Or just build what you want. AllStar Tactical makes awesome Uppers and Lowers, both forged and billet, you just have to jump on them when they are in stock. If you are in the Rochester area, they are located right on Ridgeway Ave.

Wow good to know, I was looking into other companies all USA made but would love to buy local.

• Like 1