Anyone own one of these ?

32 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I have a neutered AR in 5.56mm that has a spur instead of a pistol grip. No features of any kind. And now it sucks to shoot. Might go to a Thordsen stock instead on that one.

I'm thinking of going the fixed mag route for a new .308/7.62 that would be an option for big game. I made the fatal mistake of fondling a Bushmaster AR-10 version at Seneca Gun Sports last fall and it has me thinking...

I absolutely hate the thordson stock, a big part of it is not being able to click the safe off while in the ready posistion.

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

or a conforming stock

Why go with one of those stocks, when you just go with a fixed mag system? They are darn near just as fast to reload, feel better to shoot than the weird stocks, and still look good. Ive shot a couple different "compliant" stocks as well as the thumb tab thingy, and none of them felt right.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Fixed mag is the way to go. It kinda sucks for unloading but its a PIA I'm willing to deal with to tote the ar out in the woods. Spur or thordsten just plain suck.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Check out that Patriot Pin that chas posted, almost as fast of a reload as a regular AR. I know Ill be using one of those on my next build.

Take this as just treeguy, who is not a lawyer, or claiming to know the safe act front to back.... I called my local gun shop and confirmed that the patriot pin / mag lock is NOT compliant in NYS. This was designed for California's laws that state the gun must be taken apart to remove mag. Nysa states that the gun cannot accept a detachable mag, ever. Having the mag pinned is our only option ( other than stock or thumb spur ). I was informed that there's been at least 15 arrests ( one in East aurora) from the patriot pin. Not sure of convictions as the case in EA was overturned, but still a hassle. Be smart fellas, that's all... It's NY and unfortunately we have to abide.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Take this as just treeguy, who is not a lawyer, or claiming to know the safe act front to back.... I called my local gun shop and confirmed that the patriot pin / mag lock is NOT compliant in NYS. This was designed for California's laws that state the gun must be taken apart to remove mag. Nysa states that the gun cannot accept a detachable mag, ever. Having the mag pinned is our only option ( other than stock or thumb spur ). I was informed that there's been at least 15 arrests ( one in East aurora) from the patriot pin. Not sure of convictions as the case in EA was overturned, but still a hassle. Be smart fellas, that's all... It's NY and unfortunately we have to abide.

But according to the laws already in place before the safe act by the federal government and enforced on the state level and also no mention of gun parts in the safe act, Once the gun is inoperable meaning unable to fire it is no longer considered a firearm but parts. So once the gun is split and unable to fire it is no longer a firearm let alone an assault rifle making the detachable magazine part of the safe act null in void.

9 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

But according to the laws already in place before the safe act by the federal government and enforced on the state level and also no mention of gun parts in the safe act, Once the gun is inoperable meaning unable to fire it is no longer considered a firearm but parts. So once the gun is split and unable to fire it is no longer a firearm let alone an assault rifle making the detachable magazine part of the safe act null in void.

That's what was explained to me by the gun dealer, and they said had sold quite a few over a couple of years.

But TreeGuy's point is valid. You could go broke paying for a lengthy legal defense in the off chance an overzealous LEO decides to charge you.

Stupid state, stupid law.

17 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

That's what was explained to me by the gun dealer, and they said had sold quite a few over a couple of years.

But TreeGuy's point is valid. You could go broke paying for a lengthy legal defense in the off chance an overzealous LEO decides to charge you.

Stupid state, stupid law.

If you have to travel to and from the range I would go through the extent of pulling it apart into 2 pieces and I wouldn't have it in plain sight. No need to give them a reason.

• Like 1

As I stated... I'm no lawyer and neither is my local gun dealer, just what he told me. Not really worth the BS if you got popped

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

As I stated... I'm no lawyer and neither is my local gun dealer, just what he told me. Not really worth the BS if you got popped

I agree, let's just say I'm looking into a few things to see if I can tweak a gun to make it without a doubt legal but not with a mag that is fixed with a rivet, screw, bolt, ect. Should be interesting.

I’ve heard a many hate that stock as it feels weird and cumbersome. But beats pinning I guess. 
Idk never held one. I am only just now warming up to the idea. Ideally we could have normal stocks but alas we live in a Communist State

You Can't Beat My Meat!!!